• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

So - at this point - I could double down and aggressively ask you to find the location where I said the others were blameless in my previous post. That's a strategy you seem to enjoy using, but it doesn't seem to really move the conversation forward at all.

I won't do that. I'll either add a new point to the conversation or clarify my original point. I'm not (wasn't) trying to assign blame to anyone, RJ. That's an easy thing to do on the boards, but I don't think it actually helps problems get solved. I'm looking at what just took place over the last page and recommending two things you could do next time you think people are attacking you that would avoid all this frustration.

I've made offers to have to have things move forward in a better way. Ayo, Juice and others have no interest. There's a perfect example of how I get along with people even when we disagree on the "slow down" thread. Doofus and I couldn't have more opposing opinions but not once has there been a problem. The same can be said between DR and myself RE: Hall of Fame Wes Miller. Never an agreement, never a problem.
That can't be said with many others.

I'm not talking about how you handle differences in opinions.

I was addressing two things:

(a) how you perceive people's bias against you (see: "I could say "today is Friday" and certain people would say certain things." or the negrep you just left me: "I'm the biggest piece of shit on the board and deserve even more crap than I get...what else can you and others do..Got it!")
(b) how you choose to respond to this bias

I won't discuss (a) because you've clearly made up your mind re: who hates you and why. I was focusing on (b), which is the way you choose to lash out anytime you feel like you're being slighted (see: Ayo admitting he was responding to jaybone's post and not yours on page 145). When you mocked Ayo, a lot of posters got confused, including me. I recommended a few things to keep this from happening again and you lashed out at me via negrep - which tells me a lot about where your state of mind on this is. I'm not trying to attack you, but you perceived it as such. As a result, I'll stop here. I've tried to discuss it and you're not interested.

TL;DR: It's not about getting along with people who disagree with you. It's about misperceiving posts as attacking and not treating others aggressively. Anger begets anger.

I find it more than difficult to believe that Ayo was responding to Jay as their posts came up within 10-20 seconds of each other. Fast typing is one thing...reading and posting that quickly is another.

RE: Neg rep...it's OK for you to do it to me but not for me to do it to you when I disagree with you...BTW I pos many times more than I neg.

RJ, if it's truly important to you, I swear on my Mom's grave. I saw jaybone's post. Hence, the post beginning with "Yeah". I don't really know what else to say. Let's move the hell on.

I don't know why it matters who Ayo was responding to. Is Ayo not allowed to disagree with you about a basketball opinion?

Like, let's pretend Jaybone's post didn't exist. RJ says Minnesota players are good defensively despite poor team defense. Ayo posts that Teague, Towns, and Wiggins are bad defensively. How does that justify #2888?

This isn't something where you said "the sky is blue" and the USUAL SUSPECTS told you it was green. The dude had a different basketball take than you, posted it without attacking you, and you went off the deep end.

I said I made a mistake, but, as usual, that's not good enough for you.

I've made offers to have to have things move forward in a better way. Ayo, Juice and others have no interest. There's a perfect example of how I get along with people even when we disagree on the "slow down" thread. Doofus and I couldn't have more opposing opinions but not once has there been a problem. The same can be said between DR and myself RE: Hall of Fame Wes Miller. Never an agreement, never a problem.
That can't be said with many others.

Anyways, anyone wanna guess the draft order?

1. Durant
2. Harden
3. Davis
4. Giannis
5. Kyrie
6. Embiid
7. Cousins
8. DeRozan
9. Westbrook
10. KAT
11. Porzingis
12. Draymond
13. Wall
14. Lillard
15. Beal
16. Klay
17. Aldridge
18. Butler
19. Love
20. Horford
21. Oladipo
22. Lowry

LeBron definitely made sure to get Kyrie and Love for public image reasons.

Let’s do this and change the subject. They shoulda televised this no doubt.

Lebron - Durant
Steph - Greek freak

Lebron - Anthony Davis
Steph - harden

Lebron - Kyrie
Steph - embiid

Lebron - cousins and he’s like “we win”
Steph - derozan not sure why

Lebron - Westbrook lol roster is now jacked
Steph - KAT

Lebron - porzingis
Steph - buddy draymond

Lebron - Wall
Steph - Lillard

The rest no idea but Love then Horford likely last 2.

Anyways, anyone wanna guess the draft order?

1. Durant
2. Harden
3. Davis
4. Giannis
5. Kyrie
6. Embiid
7. Cousins
8. DeRozan
9. Westbrook
10. KAT
11. Porzingis
12. Draymond
13. Wall
14. Lillard
15. Beal
16. Klay
17. Aldridge
18. Butler
19. Love
20. Horford
21. Oladipo
22. Lowry

LeBron definitely made sure to get Kyrie and Love for public image reasons.

Westbrook was as high as 5. Zingis was higher. Klay was higher.

Let’s do this and change the subject. They shoulda televised this no doubt.

Lebron - Durant
Steph - Greek freak

Lebron - Anthony Davis
Steph - harden

Lebron - Kyrie
Steph - embiid

Lebron - cousins and he’s like “we win”
Steph - derozan not sure why

Lebron - Westbrook lol roster is now jacked
Steph - KAT

Lebron - porzingis
Steph - buddy draymond

Lebron - Wall
Steph - Lillard

The rest no idea but Love then Horford likely last 2.

I’m pretty sure Steph got first pick of the reserves, so this wouldn’t quite work.

All of the starters had to be picked before any of the reserves were picked. Westbrook can't be any higher than 9.

All of the starters had to be picked before any of the reserves were picked. Westbrook can't be any higher than 9.

True, which he wasn’t because Curry got picks 8 and 9 to even out Lebron getting 1

So I see RJ has been crapping up another thread. Don't go changing...

Big night for CP3 in loss to Pelicans. 38 pts on 11-19 shooting, 12-12 FT, 8 assists/0 TOs. Hardin with 11 assists but shot poorly. Tough break for NO losing Cousins.

RIP Boogie - rupture to his left Achilles tendon

Surgery - miss the rest of this season - and a 6-10 month rehab. I hear people mentioning Elton Brand -Brand was 28 when he tore his in 2007.

They didn't televise the draft?

What a bunch of bitches. I don't understand how y'all can root for these frauds.

Back