• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

TSN commentators discussing LeBron's GOAT status. Only agree that Jordan had the better second player in Pippen.

It is incredible to me that everyone forgets that Scottie Pippen shat the fucking bed the two years Jordan was gone. He ain't no alpha dog and again - THE DUDE REFUSED TO GET OFF THE BENCH TO FINISH A PLAYOFF GAME. Trade him straight up for the Shrimpman, Detlef Schrimpy, and it is the German pogo stick in the HOF, not Pippen.

It is incredible to me that everyone forgets that Scottie Pippen shat the fucking bed the two years Jordan was gone. He ain't no alpha dog and again - THE DUDE REFUSED TO GET OFF THE BENCH TO FINISH A PLAYOFF GAME. Trade him straight up for the Shrimpman, Detlef Schrimpy, and it is the German pogo stick in the HOF, not Pippen.

In 93-94, Pippen was 1st team all-nba (leading vote getter), 3rd in MVP voting, and 1st team all defense.

He took a Bulls team that lost Jordan and Ho Grant to 55-27 wins, after missing the 1st 12 games of the season.

Official 2017 NBA Thread: where is irish?

Yeah. People remember him sitting out at the end of a playoff game (Kukoc still hit the game winner) but they don’t remember how good he was that season.

Yeah. People remember him sitting out at the end of a playoff game (Kukoc still hit the game winner) but they don’t remember how good he was that season.

Put Pippen on the Tune Squad, and people would remember.

In 93-94, Pippen was 1st team all-nba (leading vote getter), 3rd in MVP voting, and 1st team all defense.

He took a Bulls team that lost Jordan and Ho Grant to 55-27 wins, after missing the 1st 12 games of the season.

Sounds like he really shat the bed.....:noidea:

Horace was on that team, he left for the Magic after that season. The Bulls were about to go up 3-2 on the Knicks and go home to Chicago with a chance to win the series but for a very questionable foul call on Pippen as he ran out to close on Hubert Davis. Davis hit both free throws, the Knicks won by a point, and won the series 4-3.

Which is stupid. Why wouldn't playoffs count?

Not all candidates for rookie of the year are on playoff teams. By limiting the body of work to the regular season, all candidates have the same opportunity to make their case for the voters.

This year several of the likely choices are on playoff teams. Flip one game between the Nuggets and Jazz and Donovan Mitchell is sitting home. Would it be a fair evaluation of him with only regular season, while Simmons, Tatum et al are playing additional games?

Horace was on that team, he left for the Magic after that season. The Bulls were about to go up 3-2 on the Knicks and go home to Chicago with a chance to win the series but for a very questionable foul call on Pippen as he ran out to close on Hubert Davis. Davis hit both free throws, the Knicks won by a point, and won the series 4-3.

From what I remember of that call, that is putting it very nicely.....

RE: Rookies -It can legitimately argued that Kyle Kuzma had as good a rookie year as Tatum. He had higher scoring, rebounding and assists. Tatum's biggest advantage was in 3 pt shooting. But it was a lot easier for Tatum with Kyrie and Brown to take a lot of pressure off of him.

I would have taken Tatum #1, but Kuzma had a really good year.

I really detest giving Celtics and Lakers props.

Stephen A said the Pistons should consider Zeke as GM. Zeke is in the running for the worst NBA executive in history. Not to mention that he bankrupted the CBA and his actions led to an eight figure settlement while GM/President of the Knicks.

SAS needs to go directly to rehab.

RE: Rookies -It can legitimately argued that Kyle Kuzma had as good a rookie year as Tatum. He had higher scoring, rebounding and assists. Tatum's biggest advantage was in 3 pt shooting. But it was a lot easier for Tatum with Kyrie and Brown to take a lot of pressure off of him.

I would have taken Tatum #1, but Kuzma had a really good year.

I really detest giving Celtics and Lakers props.

defense is a thing

the amount of times that this thread has just decided to completely take defense out of player analysis over the years is bonkers

i shouldn't be surprised at this point but i always am

Kuzma played solid D. He didn't have much around him to help.

In fact, it isn't even the best basketball movie soundtrack of that year!

Celtic Pride had a ton of hits!

Dirty Water
OPP
Connected
C'mon 'N Ride It (The Train)
Whoomp! (There It Is)
Get Ready 4 This

the amount of times that this thread has just decided to completely take defense out of player analysis over the years is bonkers

i shouldn't be surprised at this point but i always am

Forgetting about defense is the Wake Forest Way.

Back