• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Everybody's going to talk about JR Smith and that snafu, which it obviously was.

But Jalen Rose is right, George Hill pulling a Manu Ginobli and missing the key free throw is absolutely huge.

If Hill makes that FT, Warriors call TO, advance the ball, have 4.1s to make a shot to win the game. I'm not sure I love that scenario if I'm the Cavs with all the shooters GS could put on the floor. Don't get me wrong, I like it better than the odds of Cavs winning straight up in OT, but it's not like Hill missed a FT that would've iced it.

JR had a wide open look from about 8'. When you are on the block you should be prepared for that.

34138844_1742292869157589_6357942879721095168_o.jpg

You don’t re-sign CP, that’s how. Stretch Anderson, which gives you some room to sign a vet who wants a ring.

The Rox took the Warriors to the edge without CP. They don’t need him with LeBron.

This is Stratt level dumb. CP was the reason they had them on the ropes. Once he went down, so did the Rockets.

Exactly how will that happen, when Capela is going to get an offer sheet that is close to max money? Harden is at $30M and CP3 will be at that number. Those three alone put the Rockets at or over the cap. Then Gordon gets about $13M. Then, there is the untradable contract of Ryan Anderson for $20M+/year for two years. Who will take that albatross? Tucker gets close to $8M.

How are they going to pay Lebron $30M+???

I think they could probably dump Gordon/Anderson for nothing back. Gordon is good and cheap and they could get a really positive asset/pick for him at his cheap price. And then use that pick/asset and a few of their own firsts to get someone to eat Anderson.

Then they have Harden/Capela (7.01m cap hold)/Tucker for 45mm. Renounce CP's bird rights. That gives them about 57mm for James/Paul signing. Then max out Capela after with bird.

Who will want Anderson for nothing? The Rox will have to give a bunch of things to get anyone to take Anderson's contract.

They will pay the most repeater taxes in NBA history if they sign Lebron, Capela and CP3...remember, Harden is up for a supermax after next year. He will average $42M over the following four years. That is if they can get anyone to take Anderson.

Who will want Anderson for nothing? The Rox will have to give a bunch of things to get anyone to take Anderson's contract.

They will pay the most repeater taxes in NBA history if they sign Lebron, Capela and CP3...remember, Harden is up for a supermax after next year. He will average $42M over the following four years. That is if they can get anyone to take Anderson.

A couple of things: 1. No one will want Anderson for nothing. But you could get an awesome pick trading Eric Gordon and have your own first round picks to entice someone to eat it
2. I think Tillman Fertitta would pay the luxury tax bills if they had a Lebron super team. Can't imagine that being a factor.

LeBron-CP-Harden is a lot of ball-dominant dudes

I think it would work. It's pretty sick when you get the defense rotating and you have multiple guys that can quick create against a moving defense from the initial action. They can all shoot too.

A couple of things: 1. No one will want Anderson for nothing. But you could get an awesome pick trading Eric Gordon and have your own first round picks to entice someone to eat it
2. I think Tillman Fertitta would pay the luxury tax bills if they had a Lebron super team. Can't imagine that being a factor.

They don't have 1st Round pick this year. If they get Lebron, the next few 1st Round picks will be 27-30. That's effectively a 2nd round pick. They have nothing to offer for such a bad contract.

Agree to disagree. If I was a team like the Hawks I would take Eric Gordon/Ryan Anderson and Houston's 2019/2021 firsts for nothing back. Maybe you are right, but I think Morey can do it if Lebron wants to come there.

Why would Lebron want to go to a team that has to totally decimated its roster, have no future draft choices and will be beyond capped for the remainder of his career?

In the third and fourth years, Fretitta will likely have to pay a total of over $250M in luxury taxes. I agree that if he had to pay $25M or $30M, he'd write it off and not care. But even rich guys will start thinking about throwing $100M+ away.

Yes, his team will go up in value, but to maintain that value Morey would have to do a miracle total rebuild with no players and bad draft choices.

BTW, Atlanta won't want to do that trade and become mediocre for a couple of years. If they suck for another year or two, they could be in really good shape to contend if they draft correctly.

RJ, he ain't going to the team full of one-dimensional, mental case fragile losers. Stop getting your hopes up.

The charge call shouldn't have been reviewed he wasn't close to being in the restricted area. They obviously did it because they had different calls and used the rule as an excuse to look at it again.

Back