• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

I dunno, she's always been really annoying in the LA market

Not a huge fan of Windhorst either

Oh it's both.

Just got an alert that the Cavs are open to dealing Love. Could go for a Kawhi for Love + 1st + some change.

Why the fuck would Cleveland do that deal? I wouldn’t even do a straight up swap if I was Cleveland. There is 0 chance Kawhi signs there long term and a non-zero chance that he refuses to play (the rumor is already floating around that he would rather sit out another year and then sign with the Lakers than play for the Spurs).

seems like the celtics should have to give back kyrie now

Would the Spurs have any contractual recourse if Kawhi simply chooses not to play for them in the upcoming season?

I dunno, she's always been really annoying in the LA market

Not a huge fan of Windhorst either
Romona's fine as long as you just re-remind yourself that her source(s) is/are clearly within the Lakers' organization and thus everything she reports is heavily slanted/shaded in favor of the Lakers and/or in a framing that is as complimentary, protective, etc. as possible toward them.

Both windy and romona just have sauces and aren't actual journalists

Romona's fine as long as you just re-remind yourself that her source(s) is/are clearly within the Lakers' organization and thus everything she reports is heavily slanted/shaded in favor of the Lakers and/or in a framing that is as complimentary, protective, etc. as possible toward them.

Both windy and romona just have sauces and aren't actual journalists

Exactly. That's the way things work nowadays. If you have a problem with Windy and Ramona, that's fine. Just understand they're symptoms, not the problem.

There's no reason for anybody to do a deal for Kawhi at this point unless they think they can convince him to stay like OKC did with PG.

This has been posted on some of the Spurs Facebook pages about 100 times in the last hour.

36500420_471663566594333_3955685203401244672_n.jpg

Fine BUT they're on the network being annoying about broad NBA topics all bc they happen to have sauces at individual franchises

It's non sense and they both come off as pretty dumb

Exactly. That's the way things work nowadays. If you have a problem with Windy and Ramona, that's fine. Just understand they're symptoms, not the problem.

There's no reason for anybody to do a deal for Kawhi at this point unless they think they can convince him to stay like OKC did with PG.

This has been posted on some of the Spurs Facebook pages about 100 times in the last hour.

Then he'll just continue his phantom "injury" into the season

If the Spurs tried to enforce that Kawhi could just show up, check in, and play at 50% until Pop took him out of the game. Can’t imagine the Spurs letting him stay with the team after 2-3 games of that.

Agree that Kawhi's apparent reluctance/refusal to commit anywhere other than LA really limits the Spurs leverage to get fair value. That said, wouldn't say that there is "no reason" to deal for Kawhi, if the trading partner thinks that they can win a title next year (like the Celtics). Indiana ended up doing quite well dealing Paul George with only a year left on his deal. There is just no reason for Cleveland to deal for Kawhi because they are in full rebuild mode.

Agree that Kawhi's apparent reluctance/refusal to commit anywhere other than LA really limits the Spurs leverage to get fair value. That said, wouldn't say that there is "no reason" to deal for Kawhi, if the trading partner thinks that they can win a title next year (like the Celtics). Indiana ended up doing quite well dealing Paul George with only a year left on his deal. There is just no reason for Cleveland to deal for Kawhi because they are in full rebuild mode.

Let's just make sure you quote me correctly. I said, "There's no reason for anybody to do a deal for Kawhi at this point unless they think they can convince him to stay like OKC did with PG."

Indiana didn't trade for a star. They traded a star which is what the Spurs are open to do. OKC got PG for less than market value and convinced him to stay. Oladipo flourished in Indiana and they're poised to move up in the East. It worked for both parties. The Spurs are trying to find a partner to make that happen.

If I was a betting man like you, I'd bet the Spurs wear down and trade Kawhi to Philly for Saric, Covington, and two picks. Philly seems very confident in The Process and probably believe they could win a championship with motivated Kawhi. That type of overconfidence is necessary in a good trading partner in this situation.

Let's just make sure you quote me correctly. I said, "There's no reason for anybody to do a deal for Kawhi at this point unless they think they can convince him to stay like OKC did with PG."

Indiana didn't trade for a star. They traded a star which is what the Spurs are open to do. OKC got PG for less than market value and convinced him to stay. Oladipo flourished in Indiana and they're poised to move up in the East. It worked for both parties. The Spurs are trying to find a partner to make that happen.

If I was a betting man like you, I'd bet the Spurs wear down and trade Kawhi to Philly for Saric, Covington, and two picks. Philly seems very confident in The Process and probably believe they could win a championship with motivated Kawhi. That type of overconfidence is necessary in a good trading partner in this situation.

Not sure the Pacers would agree that got less than market value for PG. In addition to Oladipo, the Pacers also snagged Sabonis who averaged 12 and 8 as a 21 year-old; and cap room. At this point, I think the Pacers would rather have Oladipo and Sabonis than George and his new 4 year contract.

Not sure the Pacers would agree that got less than market value for PG. In addition to Oladipo, the Pacers also snagged Sabonis who averaged 12 and 8 as a 21 year-old; and cap room. At this point, I think the Pacers would rather have Oladipo and Sabonis than George and his new 4 year contract.

No. They got Sabonis who averaged 6 and 3 as a 20 year old. That's who he was when they traded for him. Obviously that trade worked out for both parties a year later, but let's not pretend it was an even trade a year ago. The Pacers had to take less than they thought they would get for him as this link shows.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ictor-oladipo-one-year-anniversary/744076002/

Anyway, Noel to Thunder in a 2 year deal with player option in the 2nd year.

Favors stays with Jazz.

Not saying Kawhi would sit (though some think he already did) but that rumor was started by s a smith claiming gms said he might. It was not a source from kawhi's camp.

Also, if Kawhi claimed injury again they will point to his camp recently saying he's 100% or really close.

Not saying Kawhi would sit (though some think he already did) but that rumor was started by s a smith claiming gms said he might. It was not a source from kawhi's camp.

Also, if Kawhi claimed injury again they will point to his camp recently saying he's 100% or really close.

Steven A. Smith also reported Lebron to Miami

Back