• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Kuzma is the key.

Lakers don’t want to give him up for obvious reasons.

Better than Ingram and I’m sure Spurs don’t want Ingram and Hart and a pick. They still want to win now, which seems crazy whe you remove Kawhi from the team.

Also, KCP, JaVale and Lance...huh?

What would you have liked them to do with the cap space instead? Cause just getting randos for 1 year seems like the clutch thing to do with their current setup and Kawhi openly pining for LA.

It's also clear, that Lebron has his pie and Rich Paul has his pie and Rich Paul's cut is based on commissions he gets for his dudes and he can just convince lebron to go along with it JR Smith, Tristan Thompson and KCP style. Lebron's probably a donk and just getting taken advantage of like 80% of the other athletes out there.

Last edited:
What would you have liked them to do with the cap space instead? Cause just getting randos for 1 year seems like the clutch thing to do with their current setup and Kawhi openly pining for LA.

It's also clear, that Lebron has his pie and Rich Paul has his pie and Rich Paul's cut is based on commissions he gets for his dudes and he can just convince lebron to go along with it JR Smith, Tristan Thompson and KCP style. Lebron's probably a donk and just getting taken advantage of like 80% of the other athletes out there.

KCP is ok, but the other 2 are JR Smith style nut jobs. Smith worked out so well in the finals. Especially Stephenson that’s just nuts since he openly taunted Lebron on court. I agree with the 1 year concept, maybe just different randos or more reliable randos than JaVale and Lance. Who’s next, Joakin Noah?

Yeah Lakers are just punting this year, which is probably the smart play once PG decided to stay at OKC. Next summer they will get Kawhi or Durant.

So with LeBron gone, what happens to Love? Do the Cavs try to unload him or build around him? Because I would give them their boy Mozgov's contract, JLamb's expiring contract, and a few second round picks for him in a heartbeat.

If I'm punting the year, I'd rather give Boogie a one-year deal than split up the rest of the cap to a bunch of crap.

If you punt this year, lebron is going to be 35 in the first playoffs the Lakers are aiming to make a serious run. I know he’s a freak but even lebron will slow down at some point.

Yeah Lakers are just punting this year, which is probably the smart play once PG decided to stay at OKC. Next summer they will get Kawhi or Durant.

surprised LBJ was willing to punt a year at this stage in his career

If you punt this year, lebron is going to be 35 in the first playoffs the Lakers are aiming to make a serious run. I know he’s a freak but even lebron will slow down at some point.

Yeah but he will have prime Kawhi and potentially a much improved young core. If he wasn’t willing to punt, he would have joined the Celtics or Sixers or teams in the West more ready to win.

I think time will tell prime Kawhi is a thing of the past.

I think people are really underestimating how well Lebron is going to fit around this group of players in LAL. I think they are already a good bit better than the Cleveland team he was on last season. Yea, I don't think they have a chance to beat the Warriors, Celts, or Houston (if Capella comes back) but lets not act like this isn't going to be a solid team. It's not like they will win 25 games. Lebron surrounded by KCP, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, and what ever PG he can get for Lonzo and another asset will be a good team.

Nobody is saying this won’t be a solid team. I would be shocked if they didn’t finish top 5 in the West. People are saying this isn’t a team that can contend with the Warriors.

By the way, imagine how the Raptors feel right now. They fired the COY to try to get past Lebron. They ended up hiring an assistant and Lebron left the East.

Pretty good move from the standpoint of optics in that it won't look like "Lebron creates another superteam" and Kawhi and/or PG and/or Durant will all get nailed with that label if they sign in a year.

I think people are really underestimating how well Lebron is going to fit around this group of players in LAL. I think they are already a good bit better than the Cleveland team he was on last season. Yea, I don't think they have a chance to beat the Warriors, Celts, or Houston (if Capella comes back) but lets not act like this isn't going to be a solid team. It's not like they will win 25 games. Lebron surrounded by KCP, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, and what ever PG he can get for Lonzo and another asset will be a good team.

I see what you did there.......

Who's saying they aren't gonna be a solid team? Of course they will be. They're punting on trying to beat the Warriors.

Back