• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Maybe try again in the morning. You must be drunk.

This. CP is still the most efficient PG of his generation, and age isn't going to make him lose his godly 4 A/TO ratio, or likely prevent him from being a top 3 midrange shooter in the NBA, all while being an all NBA defender.

Chris was also eligible for 5 years, he gave up the last one. That wasn't a max.

Pretty large salary cap increases estimated for the future as well

Zach Lowe

@ZachLowe_NBA
Very important information buried in the NBA's salary cap memo sent to teams: projection for 2019-20 cap up to $109 million, and then $116 million for 2020-21. Cap is set at $101.9M for upcoming 2018-19 season.

"Run it back" has joined a long list of quickly overused sports phrases that immediately cause the speaker to lose any credibility with me whatsoever.

I’d rather have a guy who I know could be on the court in the playoffs.

What happens to the Lakers if the Spurs refuse to deal with them? Will Lerbron come alone?

Ariza's leaving weakens the Rockets, but doesn't really fit in with the Suns. TJ Warren was their second leading scorer. SF is really Josh Jackson's natural position and they traded for the most NBA ready American player in the draft. Mikal Bridges, who is also a SF.

So the rockets are worse and LeBron is coming to the west, CP is never winning a title

CP should have signed with the 76ers and took over the east

For me I don't think the Lakers could offer enough to send Leonard there.

It's perplexing why an Eastern conf team has not built a super team, or tried, given the brutality of the West. Of course in the bizarre world we live in, apparently getting paid $130M vs. $100M is a game changer.

The question for the Rockets is can Paul be a Nash?

Lebron is meeting with the Sixers today.

They are also in "serious talks" with the Spurs for Kawhi. so far, ESPN is reporting that only Embiid, Simmons and Fultz are off limits. How about Saric, Covington, Zhaire Smith, Miami's pick and a Sixers 1st Round Pick?

Here's the repeater tax definition: "Teams pay an incremental tax rate based on their team salary as of the team's last regular season game, and whether the team is a "repeat offender," i.e., whether they were also taxpayers in at least three of the four previous seasons"

This would mean if the Sixers match Kawhi's salary in the trade, they wouldn't be in "repeater tax" protocol until Lebron's last year.

There are maybe 5 guys in the league that could have played in games 6 or 7 of the West Finals. Being healthy doesn’t mean shit if you lose in 4.

Or more clearly stated: There are maybe 5 guys in the league you could have switched with Chris at the beginning of the season that would have ended up playing for the Rockets in Game 6 or 7 against GSW.

He was going there all along. Unless the get help, they’ll be lucky to get out of 1st rd of playoffs

Back