• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Exactly.

Which is funny because it works the other way, too. If you're over ~21, you can get labeled as too old and unlikely to improve.

People, in general, are lazy.

Not to mention a good number of players selected before Collins were as young or younger than him.

The only thing I can think of as far as "immaturity" would be the fact that he was lightly recruited and didn't really blow up until this season... So he's relatively new to the spotlight, I guess. Most of the one and done crowd have been hyped since sophomore/junior year of high school.

But that's admittedly a stretch.

Could also just be that he was playing "pull my finger" with NBA GMs or answering every question with "I know you are, but what am I?"

Collins plays at 4. You can stream it on WatchESPN.

You know what's immature ? Punching an opponent in the nuts.

CP didnt really blow up till the summer before his senior year (pretty sure his AAU Gaters won the AAU natty... But Reyshawn was considered their best player) then he had a really great senior season. Felton was pretty consistently ridiculous throughout high school.

I'm going to sound like rj in 20 years recounting these tales

Just referring to college career there. JManslow's memory is ... not great

Bill Simmons‏Verified account
@BillSimmons

Good litmus test for LeBron going to Lakers in a year - if LA throws KCP a lifeboat 1 year 20-22m deal so Klutch can save face with KCP.

Hoopsrumors.com posted a list of teams with cap room the other day... Would have to be those, right?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/07/nba-teams-with-cap-room-remaining.html

You can take the Lakers off after Caldwell-Pope... Hawks have less after Dedmon. That leaves Nets, 76ers, Suns, Kings, Nuggets, Pacers, Magic.

I think it will be more of a switching assets trade, Who wants to give up cap space for Ryan Anderson. Portland seems like they have enough contracts to make something work in a three team deal.

Llama can I get a #tooathletic ruling on Johnny Collins?

Looked at the draft again to find some candidates. This one picture seems to indicate bad things for Fultz's running style. Similar to D Wade.

150px-20160330_MCDAAG_Markelle_Fultz_dribbling.jpg

But in his highlights he seems to be better. Very similar running style to Westbrook.

Bulls and Knicks are looking pretty dumb in their draft picks right now

so the Lonzo Ball sucks hot takes may be been a bit premature. I know, I know. Hard to believe. (he went for 34 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists tonight)

Back