• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Tony Parker continues rehab with the G league Austin Spurs for training camp.

In the g league?

Last year i wanted him to take the 6 man / old manu roll. If he comes back like play off parker he could really hurt second units.

Pretty sure pop gives him every chance to start once he is in game shape. That might not even matter.

We should up our thread and not contaminate this one with the gory details.

Tough loss for the Sixers tonight on a buzzer beater from Eric Gordon

Simmons with his first game that wasn't a double or triple double: 14/7/9/3/1.

Rockets just take and make so many threes. So frustrating to feel like you're completely outplaying a team and lose.

In the g league?

Last year i wanted him to take the 6 man / old manu roll. If he comes back like play off parker he could really hurt second units.

Pretty sure pop gives him every chance to start once he is in game shape. That might not even matter.

We should up our thread and not contaminate this one with the gory details.

This isn't how I expected things to go especially without Kawhi. Kyle Anderson looks like a legit NBA SF. He and Gay will be nice off the bench. Brandon Paul could be on a Simmons trajectory. Bertans has barely played. LMA may be getting the confidence to be an All-Star again. I think Kawhi could come back and still let LMA be the #1 option while still being an MVP level player.

So awesome to see James playing point-center! How many players in the entire world could play C on defense and then play point on offense in an NBA game? I posted a few years ago, when James was getting benched in Toronto, that I thought he would succeed in the right system. I'm very proud that he is a Deac.

JJ was always productive in Toronto, he just couldn’t help but piss off the coaches. Love that he’s killing it and getting paid.

In th3 coaches defense he often had trouble staying in shape. Really glad he seems to have found the right place for him to be.

Rockets just take and make so many threes. So frustrating to feel like you're completely outplaying a team and lose.

Simmons was -13 tonight. Seems un-rookie-of-the-year-like

Couldn't watch the game but from the box score it looks like Capela outplayed Embiid. Thoughts from anyone who watched?

I'm just here for the controversy: thoughts on Lebron just walking straight to the locker room after losing to the Nets last night? Didn't seem to shake hands or anything.

Wouldn't necessarily say that. Embiid definitely outplayed him offensively. And Capela's game is basically just getting lobs as far as I can tell. He did clean up when Embiid was out.

And a frustrating thing about Embiid's night was that even though he knocked down midrange shots, it felt like he was letting his defender off easily every time he took one instead of just driving on him. He earns fouls so easily and often when he's driving.

Capela did have a good game, Embiid played 6 fewer minutes. Rebounding disparity was certainly part of the loss.

Got it. I've been impressed with Capela thus far. It seems like at a minimum he's on the Deandre track (though he's far ahead of where Deandre was at age 23), he looks a little more skilled on the offensive end than Deandre though

The start of the NBA season proves once again the power and importance of the NBA coach. Cleveland struggling with essentially a healthy roster minus Isaiah Thomas and the Spurs crushing it without their best and 6th best players ... It is really a shame that the Spurs aren't in the East. They'd have gotten to the NBA Finals 15+ out of the last 20 years.

Golden State is particularly thin this year, but I said that last year and Kerr and staff culled together a solid 9 man rotation with the emergence of Ian Clark and solid play from JaVale McGee. I assume they will figure out how to use Caspi and Young and Looney and Bell by the end of the year and have another solid bench. Think they'd have to lose one of the big 3 to be vulnerable come playoff time.

I like the Clippers to make the playoffs. I think the Bucks could potentially beat the Cavs in a 7game series unless Bucks get more injuries. They'll have Parker back at some point and Jason Kidd is soooo much better than Tee Tee Lue. Lue could be the worst coach in the league IMO

Pretty sure player-gm-coach LeBron thinks they'll be fine once he's officially in charge.

Back