• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

this is your MVP lolololol

That's that hope.

The flipside of all this is any franchise can do what the Warriors are doing if they just have 3 or 4 straight good drafts. If the Lakers had taken Porzingus instead of Russell in 2015, we could have been having this conversation about them in a few years.

It's fun to go back and look at all the what if scenarios, especially on teams that are missing one of two pieces from being really good. Imagine if Indiana had taken Collins or Kuzma over TJ Leaf last year.

You fit the bench to the team. If you don't have superstars, you have to have a better bench.

You are also saying the bench of the Warriors are missing two of the most important bench players. How would Utah's bench look if Crowder and Burks weren't available?

Well, I think Crowder and Burks are better than anybody on the Warriors bench healthy or not. I said I liked the McGraw kid. That doesn't mean I'd take him over Crowder or Burks.

And look, I have been trying a new approach on her for the last year (with some failures). I am just stating my opinion. I am not disparaging yours. Your opinion is valid. And yes, the Warriors only have so much money for bench players due to their payroll for their top 5. And they draft close to dead last in the 1st round each year.

Again, I could be wrong. My problem with the way the Warriors have crafted their team is the following:
* They think they put the 4 pieces to win 8 championships over the next 10 years 2 years ago. I don't think so. I think it puts an abundant of pressure on those 4 to be healthy. Ironically, the Warriors are the team that has benefited most by their opponents injuries in the playoffs over the last three years, but I do think if your best bench player can only give you 15 minutes, you have an achilles heel.

Imagine what happens to GS if you flip what has happened to Boston this year and Klay Thompson has a compound fracture of his ankle and they lose Dray Green a month ago for the rest of the season. That's the line you walk when you pay 4 1/2 guys 90% of your salary.

IMO

It's fun to go back and look at all the what if scenarios, especially on teams that are missing one of two pieces from being really good. Imagine if Indiana had taken Collins or Kuzma over TJ Leaf last year.

Or if the Sixers had taken Porzingus rather than Jah...or not traded for Fultz and gotten him anyway...

Embiid looks a lot taller than 7'. I wouldn't be shocked if he was 7'2 or more.

With Zing, the Sixers could have had a starting line-up this year of 7'2,7'3, 6'10. 6'10, 6'4.

Last edited:
Or traded down to get Mitchell and one of Fox/Smith.Jr.

Or took CJ MCollum and the Greek Freak rather than Noel and MCW in the early Process.

Last edited:
Well, I think Crowder and Burks are better than anybody on the Warriors bench healthy or not. I said I liked the McGraw kid. That doesn't mean I'd take him over Crowder or Burks.

And look, I have been trying a new approach on her for the last year (with some failures). I am just stating my opinion. I am not disparaging yours. Your opinion is valid. And yes, the Warriors only have so much money for bench players due to their payroll for their top 5. And they draft close to dead last in the 1st round each year.

Again, I could be wrong. My problem with the way the Warriors have crafted their team is the following:
* They think they put the 4 pieces to win 8 championships over the next 10 years 2 years ago. I don't think so. I think it puts an abundant of pressure on those 4 to be healthy. Ironically, the Warriors are the team that has benefited most by their opponents injuries in the playoffs over the last three years, but I do think if your best bench player can only give you 15 minutes, you have an achilles heel.

Imagine what happens to GS if you flip what has happened to Boston this year and Klay Thompson has a compound fracture of his ankle and they lose Dray Green a month ago for the rest of the season. That's the line you walk when you pay 4 1/2 guys 90% of your salary.

IMO

The Warriors without Green and Klay would still be a great team and a strong contender if not the top contender. Any two of the four that includes healthy Steph or KD would be the core of a top team.

The Warriors without Green and Klay would still be a great team and a strong contender if not the top contender. Any two of the four that includes healthy Steph or KD would be the core of a top team.

I disagree completely and without hesitation.

So a team with a top 3 player and a top 10 player isn’t a top contender.

Bold statement.

There’s any number of starting combos they would use but Steph, Young, Iggy, KD, and Zaza is still a formidable lineup.

So a team with a top 3 player and a top 10 player isn’t a top contender.

Bold statement.

There’s any number of starting combos they would use but Steph, Young, Iggy, KD, and Zaza is still a formidable lineup.

Yeah, I don't think that a top 3 team in the West. I think you are underestmating the value of Klay and Green, On the flip side, I could be underestimating the value of Kerr and staff.

The more interesting question for me is that if you trade coaching staffs with OKC, can Kerr turn Adams, Westbrook, George and support players into a 60-win elite team.

It depends on who replaces them. The Warriors would have $35M to spend. Given the quality of their front office, they would most likely spend it wiselt.

It depends on who replaces them. The Warriors would have $35M to spend. Given the quality of their front office, they would most likely spend it wiselt.

We're talking injuries RJ. You don't get to buy players mid season due to injuries willy nilly

Yeah, I don't think that a top 3 team in the West. I think you are underestmating the value of Klay and Green, On the flip side, I could be underestimating the value of Kerr and staff.

The more interesting question for me is that if you trade coaching staffs with OKC, can Kerr turn Adams, Westbrook, George and support players into a 60-win elite team.

I don't underestimate Klay and Green at all. I just know that KD and Steph are more than enough to anchor a top team. They have a next gear they don't really need with Klay and Green.

I don't think Kerr could turn that group into an elite team. We saw Luke Walton keep the Warriors at an elite status without Kerr and before KD.

Celts are going 2-0 tonight. Lebron is going to throw the series on purpose. If he loses to Boston, then that means he lost to a coach, not to a person, so it won't hurt his legacy. Not GOAT.

i have no idea where lebron ends up this summer, should be interesting

staying on the cavs might actually be his best move

both of the LA teams suck; maybe the rockets but he has to get through the warriors then just to get to the finals; sixers would be a lot of babysitting and might stunt ben simmons

I'm pretty sure that if you are the Sixers and can get Lebron, you don't give a flying fuck about stunning Ben "open for a reason" Simmons.

Back