• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

My BIL is a huge hoops fan, especially of MJ and the Bulls and now, of course, that the Celts are good again, of Boston (his brother lives in NH). He's always the first one to needle me with a stupid ass comment about soccer flopping while refusing to acknowledge that the NBA is just as bad. He also has an irrational hate of LeBron. The texts last night were keepers.
Flopping is annoying in the NBA but nowhere close to soccer

Smith brought it to the masses. He made flopping a focus of his team's "defense".

Soccer invented flopping. Dean Smith brought flopping to basketball. Before Dean Smith, being knocked down showed weakness. Then, he taught George Karl to play D with his ass not his feet. The rest lives in sports infamy,

You're such a little bitch, rj.

You're such a little bitch, rj.

No, kickball players and fans are large biotches.

You can't use the word you did and not be considered a misogynist by wakephan09 and others.

My memory is correct that you did it. Maybe others didn't, but you did.

My BIL is a huge hoops fan, especially of MJ and the Bulls and now, of course, that the Celts are good again, of Boston (his brother lives in NH). He's always the first one to needle me with a stupid ass comment about soccer flopping while refusing to acknowledge that the NBA is just as bad. He also has an irrational hate of LeBron. The texts last night were keepers.

is it though?

Sound like a hater but I think the Celts totally lost this game more than Lebron pulling this amazing feat. So many open shots that never fell after the start of the 2nd quarter. I disagree that most shots were forced, just brick city.

Still unthinkable that C's were in the bonus with 9 minutes to go in the 4th and barely drove the ball after that. Anytime they moved the ball Cleveland got out of sorts and fouled.

Not an ideal time to shoot like garbage. Spotlight pressure, age, couldn't put em away when they had em on the ropes early... who knows but now all I want is a ring for CP3

My memory is correct that you did it. Maybe others didn't, but you did.
I don't necessarily think you're a misogynist for using the word "bitch". I think you're a hypocrite for policing the way others talk about other issues and then not thoughtfully doing the same with your own speech.

As for calling you out originally, that was someone else. Do a search; that's what it's for.

(Sorry NBA thread, but I was called out by name and you know what I always say: I only hit back)

Good posts on this thread this morning. Would read again.

Considering you are supposed to be an expert on the English language, the only way you wouldn't see my post as pure sarcasm rather than "policing" is because you have chosen not to do so.

I'd rather read this than listen to another MJ-Lebron debate. Because that's the only thing that the NBA media ever talks about. Because it is a dumb sport marketed to simple people.

The Celtics will likely lose Smart as they won't want to go into the luxury numbers for him. Unless either Monroe or Baynes accept the MLE, the Celtics could lose both.

No way the refs let Houston win tonight after the Cavs won. NBA definitely will make a Cavs/Warriors final happen.

No way the refs let Houston win tonight after the Cavs won. NBA definitely will make a Cavs/Warriors final happen.

Please expand on this. What do you actually think is happening? Is the commissioner calling up the refs this afternoon letting them know he'll pay them a bonus for each foul called on Houston?

Sound like a hater but I think the Celts totally lost this game more than Lebron pulling this amazing feat. So many open shots that never fell after the start of the 2nd quarter. I disagree that most shots were forced, just brick city.

Still unthinkable that C's were in the bonus with 9 minutes to go in the 4th and barely drove the ball after that. Anytime they moved the ball Cleveland got out of sorts and fouled.

Not an ideal time to shoot like garbage. Spotlight pressure, age, couldn't put em away when they had em on the ropes early... who knows but now all I want is a ring for CP3

Exactly. If the Celtics had won, would people really be saying the Celtics were expected to win and it’s no big feat. Of course not. The narrative would be that they dethroned the King. So why does this seal Lebron’s GOAT status?

The Cavs minus Lebron are essentially the Celtics minus Tatum.

Back