• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

They can sign and trade him in the offseason.

When you look at the Oladipo deal, I can see why the Raptors weren't hard pressed to trade Lowry.

why would Lowry not just sign somewhere?

I can't imagine he'll command Bird rights money

Bird Rights doesn't necessarily mean max. It means being able to re-sign someone that puts you over the cap.

Gotta go...

why would Lowry not just sign somewhere?

I can't imagine he'll command Bird rights money

No idea. But Ujiri and crew may prefer to just have the cap room after Lowry leaves than a bunch of randos and 2nd round picks. They can still make a playoff run this year too.

No idea. But Ujiri and crew may prefer to just have the cap room after Lowry leaves than a bunch of randos and 2nd round picks. They can still make a playoff run this year too.

I wouldn’t discount them re signing him. He’s the best player in franchise history.

Definitely. Lowry, VanVleet, Siakim is still a nice core. They’ve got good player development. Maybe they get DeRozan back. Boucher is a solid player although older than you’d think.

that Raptors core is pretty uninspiring to me

Lowry is 35, Siakim is a bit overrated in my opinion, and VanVleet is nice but that same group is at 18-26 right now

I remember saying the same thing about the team that won it all though

Definitely. Lowry, VanVleet, Siakim is still a nice core. They’ve got good player development. Maybe they get DeRozan back. Boucher is a solid player although older than you’d think.

wow. boucher is way older than i thought even after taking into account that he was going to be older than i thought.

i think they have a nice supplemental core but are missing the #1 player. seems like a miss they would trade powell for a younger guy (smartly, i’d say) but not move lowry, but if they couldn’t even get talen horton tucker then, the market must have just been really dry (probably in part due to his contract being real tough to move)

bigger mystery is just why they are so bad this year. i assumed they had mass injuries but doesn’t really look like it

Well they had a top three guy that year and great injury luck

Sure, but they were #1 in the east the year before that. If they get DeRozan back, they've got most of the same core they had before and VanVleet are is significantly better and we know Siakim can be better. That's four borderline all-stars if they're healthy.

Not sure why they're losing this year. They're the only team displaced due to COVID and the only team that's significantly worse than expected. Maybe it's as simple as that.

Completely missed that Teague was part of the Fournier trade. Damn. Three Deacs change teams in one day and none of them are Ish.

I guess technically this means the Pels and Magic become two franchise to have three of the four.

Woj saying teams didn't want to rent Lowry, so they didn't offer enough. Of course, the Raptors traded the cornerstone of their franchise to rent Kawhi when people didn't know how injured Kawhi was and it paid off.

Sure, but they were #1 in the east the year before that. If they get DeRozan back, they've got most of the same core they had before and VanVleet are is significantly better and we know Siakim can be better. That's four borderline all-stars if they're healthy.

Not sure why they're losing this year. They're the only team displaced due to COVID and the only team that's significantly worse than expected. Maybe it's as simple as that.

meh swept by the Cavs in back to back years before Kawhi

that team was fine, but this is a less good version of that core and with fewer #assets to bring in a #1

I’m a big fan or Nurse and Ujiri but I’m not real bullish in their near term future

Bulls fan mehs being the #1 seed in the East. LOL.

Lehigh's CJ McCollum celebrated ditching two Dukies by scoring 29 in the 1st half vs. the Heat.

Back