• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

That interview was awesome. I miss him being on the Spurs.

Chuck asked just now and this afternoon why defense is so bad in the bubble. I think the answer is pretty simple. Guys could get their shots during quarantine. They could work on their ballhandling. But they couldn't D up NBA players for 4 months. So they're in postseason shooting form and November defensive form.

Doesn't seem like that many guys didn't average double digits in college and average 13.5 ppg their second year, especially as old as Robinson is. He's almost six years older than Tyler Herro.

Shame the Spurs didn't pick him up. Perfect name for the franchise.

Doesn't seem like that many guys didn't average double digits in college and average 13.5 ppg their second year, especially as old as Robinson is. He's almost six years older than Tyler Herro.

Ha - good timing with this post

Yeah. Robinson was born after Timmy's freshman year. But Tyler Herro was born after Duncan and Robinson won the 1999 NBA Championship.

That interview was awesome. I miss him being on the Spurs.

Chuck asked just now and this afternoon why defense is so bad in the bubble. I think the answer is pretty simple. Guys could get their shots during quarantine. They could work on their ballhandling. But they couldn't D up NBA players for 4 months. So they're in postseason shooting form and November defensive form.

My guess on the bad defense is that it has to do with the "arena" atmosphere being shit and fostering a lack of intensity. I've been watching a little bit, but it just doesn't feel like the NBA playoffs... It still feels like summer league. I've been wagering on a lot of OVERs since the restart... Feels like it gives the Underdogs in these series a better chance, but I haven't been able pull the trigger on any series bets.

I know NBA players should be able to "get up" for these games, regardless of fans... But it just has a different feel to it.

And I actually think the NBA has done a great job making the "arena" pretty cool... Making the best of a bad situation, to be sure. It's just not thousands of screaming fans.

and he started out playing DIII!

Yeah. That may have something to do with it too. To my untrained eye, the lack of defense doesn't look an effort issue. It looks like rust.

Top four picks will be Golden State, Minnesota, Charlotte and Chicago.

Over the last 10 years, only 5 different franchises have had the #1 pick. Cavs 3 times, Pelicans, T-Wolves, and Sixers 2 times, and Suns once.

So is the NBA going back in a bubble, but with 30 teams, in December or are they going the MLB route with expanded rosters, counting on losing players as we go or are we counting on the pandemic dying out over the next 3 months/right after the election?

Last edited:
Back