• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

I mentioned my issues with Bucks last week or so. Doesn’t look like they’ve fixed it. I like teams with great players and quality depth. That’s why I like the Clips or Nugs to come out of the West over the Blazers and Raptors or Celtics over probably a weak Bucks team.

Perhaps an overreaction to a bad loss to open the playoffs. The Bucks have won 116 regular season games over the last two years, by far the most in the NBA. They crushed the Celtics in the playoffs last year, and were up 2-0 and had the lead late in game 3 before losing in double OT against the Raptors in the Conference Finals. The Bucks then collapsed. Maybe they will disappoint again this post-season, but a reasonable argument can be made that they have been the best team in the NBA since the start of last season.

Lakers bench #1 and Blazers bench DFL in +/- for the regular season

Blazers have some health now, so they'll improve and Lakers are without Avery Bradley, but your stars and bench theory does not hold on that prediction

Perhaps an overreaction to a bad loss to open the playoffs. The Bucks have won 116 regular season games over the last two years, by far the most in the NBA. They crushed the Celtics in the playoffs last year, and were up 2-0 and had the lead late in game 3 before losing in double OT against the Raptors in the Conference Finals. The Bucks then collapsed. Maybe they will disappoint again this post-season, but a reasonable argument can be made that they have been the best team in the NBA since the start of last season.

What I posted last week wasn’t an overreaction to today.

Lakers bench #1 and Blazers bench DFL in +/- for the regular season

Blazers have some health now, so they'll improve and Lakers are without Avery Bradley, but your stars and bench theory does not hold on that prediction

Because I don’t think Lebron, AD, and Kuzma will hold up.

I keep forgetting Burks plays for the Sixers. Every game I'm like "who's that?"

I should have added to this that Kuzma was a big part of that #1 Lakers bench.

I should have added to this that Kuzma was a big part of that #1 Lakers bench. The #fullsquad Blazers have more depth.

No Zach Collins and the Lakers pounding the paint.

Surprised Collins replacement, Waynen Gabriel, you know him, right, was undrafted.

Have both #8 seeds won Game 1 before? Pretty sure the answer is no. Some of that is lack of home court advantage.

Have both #8 seeds won Game 1 before? Pretty sure the answer is no. Some of that is lack of home court advantage.

I feel like Portland is the best 8 seed in a long time. They are a better team than last years playoff team, but have had soo many injuries. They are just now healthy and it shows

Oh definitely. I hyped up Portland at the beginning of the season and I've been hyping up Portland since the restart.

Here is the link to the 12 responses to the NBA Playoffs First Round contest.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19f-MEB9SYqYPyDBJn9MB7rkmMwAJBJwo_LRIE6d1uSc/edit?usp=sharing

Interesting notes:

Everyone picked the Bucks, Raptors, and Clippers.
Only one person each picked the Sixers (DeacDaddy) and Blazers (PhDeac).
The most disagreement was three people who picked the Thunder.
Five people picked the Bucks and Raptors to sweep.
Seven people picked Rockets-Thunder to go 7 games (five picked Rockets, two picked Thunder)
Seven people picked the Clippers to win it all. Two picked the Lakers. One each picked the Bucks, Raptors, and Celtics.

Back