• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

The reports are that the all or some within the Bucks organization is trying to get an audience with Wisconsin AG Josh Kaul (who is Wisconsin's first Dem AG since... his mom 16 years ago). While I may be reading too much into that report, if true, it could mean that the decision to not play was made with an actual tangible goal in mind (e.g., assurances related to the investigation of the officer involved; other steps that the state is taking related to law enforcement/race relations). If true, perhaps the possibility exists that the Bucks, as the team that started the work stoppage, could advise of tangible steps that are being taken which addressed their initial concern that led to the decision not to play. Talking out of my arse, and this seems like a stretch, but to the extent that there is hope that season hasn't just ended, think there will need to be some concrete positive step taken.

FWIW, while all of the players obviously want to win the NBA title and not to downplay the importance of the current issue to the NBA players, guessing that bubble life has worn thin (see, Paul George; see, the teams that have been down 3 games in a series and just punted), and that there are a lot of players that would not mind if the league shutdown so that they can go home. Disney is great, but after six weeks. Guessing life in the bubble has really started to get old.

Sure. The Bucks are a contender with the DPOY and likely MVP so this would be a bold step for them.

Ph, how long would it take for Disney to get old to you?

Official 2019-20 NBA Thread: Playoffs - NBA Players Strike

Going back and forth from a gym and a hotel room would get old pretty quick. That’s one reason I was concerned with the length of time.

That will definitely factor into the decision. Any prolonged stoppage extends the bubble. That’s why I’m leaning toward them just deciding to quit.

Brewers not playing against the Reds tonight in protest and in solidarity with the Bucks.

Last edited:
weren't you just arguing the other day that the NBA wouldn't have a problem doing a full season in a bubble?

We took our daughter to tournaments at the Disney/ESPN sports complex where they're playing the games and got stuck in the Caribbean Beach Resort there which is fairly close, but not good for three months. It really didn't matter that we were close because we needed to rent a car to get back and forth on any kind of schedule.

I will add that the Disney Carribean Beach Resort is nothing like a real Caribbean beach resort.

Nope. I love Disney but I couldn't do three months at Caribbean Beach.

Now, I could do three months at the Swan - as long as I had full access to everything at Boardwalk.

weren't you just arguing the other day that the NBA wouldn't have a problem doing a full season in a bubble?

I'm not in the mood to deal with you misquoting me, Juice. Stop mocking me. This is not the time. Just read my posts and try to understand. It's not difficult. You assholes can be so exhausting, but I'm not going to let you all bully me.

WNBA striking as well.

Not sure if I'm included in the asshole category - but I wasn't trying to be. Sorry if I came off that way.

NBA Board of Governors emergency meeting on Thursday morning.

MLS games today postponed as well.

Once again, the NBA is taking a leadership role.

And three MLB games are postponed. I saw a conversation this afternoon asking why MLB hasn't been as active fighting for social justice as the NBA and now NFL and the commentator chalked it up to the lack of Black players.

Last edited:
I'm not in the mood to deal with you misquoting me, Juice. Stop mocking me. This is not the time. Just read my posts and try to understand. It's not difficult. You assholes can be so exhausting, but I'm not going to let you all bully me.

I’m not mocking you and we’re on the same side on this issue.

I disagreed with your previous analysis that the players would be game to do a full season in the bubble. I was genuinely asking if that was your precious take.

Going to be difficult for other NBA teams to go ahead and play now.

Not sure what step can be taken to provide an adequate response to allow teams to return to play, and not feel like they are selling out or ignoring the cause. Once this type of momentum starts, it's hard to stop.

the big challenge is going to be creating some consensus and articulating what needs to happen for play to return if there are going to be ongoing (threats of) boycotts

This is where I am.

But you misrepresented my take and my perspective on the bubble in general. That's what I took issue with. I've never said that players should stay in a bubble for an entire 8 month season. The specific plan the NBA is considering was one month bubble and two week break. It's disingenous to say that contradicts my concerns with the length of time in the bubble. They've been there for 7-8 weeks so far and Clippers are favored to be there at least another 5 weeks to the end of the WCF. Obviously this is a very different situation than a one month regular season bubble with more time to plan.

Back