• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

why are we blowing up a team with two stars that are 25? Because they didn't look good when one of them was injured this postseason?

We don't want to even wait and see what happens with a different coach?

why are we blowing up a team with two stars that are 25? Because they didn't look good when one of them was injured this postseason?

i mean there's no way they're competing for a title with the those 2 as the best players and Boston and Miami + Giannis in the east. once you realize you can't win you need to blow up and start over completely

i mean they got swept by the celtics without simmons. we really think they're gonna compete for a title with simmons and billy donovan?

Disagree that a complete rebuke is the only way to compete

but you do have to be somewhat of a free agency destination to make it work

i mean there's no way they're competing for a title with the those 2 as the best players and Boston and Miami + Giannis in the east. once you realize you can't win you need to blow up and start over completely

Boston beat them by 8, 8 , 4, and 27 without Simmons who is probably their best player. Tobias Harris also had 3 straight seasons shooting 40%+ from 3, and has really shat the bed since going to the Sixers. they beat the Raps last year if he plays closer to his abilities (He shot 38% from the field and 28% from 3 vs the raps), and 13% from 3 vs the Celts this year.

I don't think ya blow it up based on one guy slumping at age 28, and another guy getting hurt. There's little harm in running it back a few more years.

A little Al Horford for Chris Paul and Brown for Donovan/D'Antoni swap is worth another 2 tries at it. None of these teams you're listing in the eastern conference are GSW level world beaters you have to blow your team up because you can't get by them.

Injuries happen all the time. The Celtics lost Hayward. They made the EC Finals.

Let's hold off on up and assuming Jimmy Butler isn't a locker room cancer after him making it one season on a team with decent chemistry, as there's a good 6 years' history showing that's unlikely to continue. Maybe Tyler herro gets a hot new girlfriend Jimmy wants to start banging.

i agree with this. they lost a bunch in the playoffs to the warriors, a dynasty.

i also want to apologize to sam presti, whom i used to rag on because he was given too much credit for the draft success of getttin KD, Harden, and Westbrook but has consequently not gotten enough credit for putting OKC is a fantastic position right now. they are about to blow things up but ever since he was forced to move harden i'm pretty sure he's been on the right side of every transaction. he got 4 first rounders for PG

i agree with this. they lost a bunch in the playoffs to the warriors, a dynasty.

i also want to apologize to sam presti, whom i used to rag on because he was given too much credit for the draft success of getttin KD, Harden, and Westbrook but has consequently not gotten enough credit for putting OKC is a fantastic position right now. they are about to blow things up but ever since he was forced to move harden i'm pretty sure he's been on the right side of every transaction. he got 4 first rounders for PG

I mean the Rockets were up 3-2 on GSW before Chris Pulled his hamstring.

D'antoni is not the answer in Philly.

Depends on the question. Do I want to be entertained but don't care about how Philly does in the playoffs? Yes.

“LOL at stoopid Ph for giving up on the Sixers after seven seasons of The Process.”

I dig how slippery your argument is, by your own account.

If the metric is judging the Sixers by not securing a championship, you're free to hold that standard - but if the argument is that the Process didn't make the Sixers a contender then I don't even understand how you arrive at that conclusion because they seem like one now to me. Especially if they keep Butler (which arguably was not Process-related).

That said, I don't think a complete rebuild/tank is the only way to compete.

Sixers def. should have played Simmons at PG this season more though to increase his value in free agency.

Back