• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Lots of good defense too. Raptors just didn't close. Poor play across the board. Celtics didn't let them get away with it.

Props to the Celtics. Good series. Young guys came up big. Should be a good series against the Heat.

1. Can’t be too many guys with a line like Williams who played zero minutes in the first three quarters but then all of crunch time

2. Nurse can coach. You zoom out on that roster and it has no business being in game 7 fighting for the conference finals.

3. Kinds crazy how much of the Celts cap space is tied up between Kemba and Hayward (like 55%) and yet they have a real chance. Gotta be the deepest team in the league.

Second Round Contest report.

Shoo continues his ridiculous run. He has three points after getting Celtics in 7 correct. DeacDaddy got it correct and has 2. Juice got Heat and Celtics correct and has 2 as well.

Shoo has 16 out of 20 possible points.

Lots of good defense too. Raptors just didn't close. Poor play across the board. Celtics didn't let them get away with it.

Props to the Celtics. Good series. Young guys came up big. Should be a good series against the Heat.

I dunno. It was an ugly end game all around but Celtics tried to give it away. They went cold and missed FTs

But Heat/Celtics will be fun

I dunno. It was an ugly end game all around but Celtics tried to give it away. They went cold and missed FTs

But Heat/Celtics will be fun

It seems like everyone on the Heat knows their roles and as such they play without thinking. The Celts are still trying to figure it out a little bit. The Heat's role players are just irrational confidence guys, with talent. Celts have more talent though, should be fun

Last edited:
It seems like everyone on the Heat knows their roles and as such they play without thinking. The Celts are still trying to figure it out a little bit. The Heat's role players are just irrational confidence guys, with talent. Celts have more talent though, should be fun

That's a good take. Riles and Spo have put together a nice unit with good chemistry. They found out how to build a roster around Jimmy Butler where he doesn't have to be the best player every possession. If the Lakers and Clippers finish things off as expected, it's like the EC is the JV matchup and the WC is the varsity.

Cool article about the "Balkan Boys" from the former Yugoslavia forming and developing friendships in the bubble.
https://theathletic.com/2058113/202...how-the-balkan-boys-bonded-in-the-nba-bubble/

The quick-witted banter was led by Jokić and Marjanović, the two entertainers of the rowdy bunch.
“Jokić is a jokester,” Zubac told The Athletic. “He’s the one always making jokes. Boban is always making jokes, too. Pretty much everyone is like that, but they’re the most. They’re always trying to make some jokes about other guys.”
The ribbing included Jokić and Marjanović roasting each other.
The Serbian centers, who grew up roughly 250 miles apart and spend months in the offseason back home, have developed a buddy-cop-like chemistry through their years of friendship.
“Jokić and Bobi, they are the two funniest dudes,” Dragić said. “Especially because they basically tease each other most of the time. They go back and forth. We were just laughing all night.
“I even told (Marjanović), ‘Bobi, I know what you’re gonna do after the career. You’re gonna work on TV, for sure.’”

A Jokic/Boban buddy cop show? I'd watch it.

hot take: russell westbrooks 3 years/$120mm left on his contract is worse than cp's 2 years/$80mm left on his contract.

hot take: russell westbrooks 3 years/$120mm left on his contract is worse than cp's 2 years/$80mm left on his contract.

I don’t think it’s a hot take. Westbrook’s contract is awful and only makes sense in a small market whose ceiling is a first round exit.

yeah i think its clear now but when that trade went down cp's contract was thought of as the worst in the league and okc got picks to take it on

Nuggets with a great 3rd Q to take the lead. Up 4 with under 8 left.

MDA has hit his nba head coach ceiling. Very good but not Championship caliber.

Back