• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Yeah. They need a small ball 4 to play between Bam and Butler who can also defend multiple positions. They need to either keep Dragic or replace him. I guess that depends on how they feel about Nunn.

Man. I forgot he was on the Lakers. He played a minute in Game 1.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cookqu01/gamelog-playoffs/

I know nobody's asking, but 4 entries to the Conference Finals and Finals contest left their name blank so I don't know who had what. Shoo had a large enough lead that even if he had the lowest score, he would be the winner.

Props to DeacDaddy who got the winner and games of the final three matchups correct. 7 of 8 said Lakers over Heat in 6.

Last edited:
It would be a bad look for a bunch of billionaires to cut salaries by $30M due to a pandemic. I’m guessing they work out a deal for the cap to stay the same or go up a mil or two. Front offices don’t want to throw all their long term plans out of the window either.

The only alternative is to get all the players to agree to a blanket percentage cut to keep the competitive balance. So it basically pits free agents up against people with contracts locked in. Even a 10% cut in the salary cap while keeping existing contracts in place is enough to prevent anyone with a max guy or two from adding a significant piece. Looks like ticket revenue is approx $500 mil a year.

Also remember, alot of these Billionaires own things like cruise lines (Arison) or restaurants (Ferritata) who are getting absolutely killed right now.

crazy to think without the pademic the new season would be starting in a few weeks

Keeping the cap the same is an investment in the future. Cutting the cap would be a panic move.

Keeping the cap the same is an investment in the future. Cutting the cap would be a panic move.

Pretty much every business in america is cutting salaries. Athletes making millions a year won't be the exception.

EkGpWk6XcAEYlIC

Something about this whole plan leaves me feeling like there will be significant corona in the bubble.
Definitely got this wrong. Props to the NBA for this thing being very well run. Easy to forget how long these last two teams have been isolating in their hotels.

Is Phil Jackson already on Sportscenter talking about an "asterisk" for this title? No?

Great, great job by Adam Silver and company.

Just making it to 10 finals series is super-impressive, 4-6 is not, but I think he's got another 1-2 chances to get #5.

Gotta give Lebron props for incredible longevity, overall staying healthy, and ability to turn things around with a franchise (and with support from management $$ to sign guys).

Can we take a few moments to talk about how shittiness of the Cleveland Cavaliers franchise? It's comic how poorly Cleveland did with Lebron as evidenced by how bad they've been sans Lebron.

Four years in Miami - 2 championships
Two years in LA - 1 championship
11 years in Cleveland - 1 championship

Still gm LeBron was most at work in Cleveland so that contributed. Its not like Miami where riley and a young spo got 3 all stars on board and ran with it. Add some crazy play-off scenarios this year after giving LeBron a big break "mid season."

Can we take a few moments to talk about how shittiness of the Cleveland Cavaliers franchise? It's comic how poorly Cleveland did with Lebron as evidenced by how bad they've been sans Lebron.

Four years in Miami - 2 championships
Two years in LA - 1 championship
11 years in Cleveland - 1 championship

That goes to show that as great as LeBron is, winning a championship requires more than just one great player. A big reason why Cleveland won that one championship was that they sucked when LeBron was gone, and drafted Kyrie (pre-insane Kyrie) with the #1 overall pick; so, finally there someone else who could help carry the load in Cleveland. Don't forget the Lakers, with LeBron, didn't make the playoffs last year. This year, they add AD (helped by the fact that AD hired Rich Paul his agent and they collectively forced AD to the Lakers) and you have an NBA Championship team; without AD, this Laker team would've looked like the previous mediocre team.

Still gm LeBron was most at work in Cleveland so that contributed. Its not like Miami where riley and a young spo got 3 all stars on board and ran with it. Add some crazy play-off scenarios this year after giving LeBron a big break "mid season."

Oh I definitely agree with that. We'll see what they do with a typical 82 game season and playoff grind in what should be an even tougher West.

Very surprised and happy about the run Miami made. They could've tanked after Wade retired, but they signed Jimmy Buckets and here we are!

Wanted to snatch one from LeBron, but that went out the window when Bam and Goran got hurt early on.

Happy that Jimmy Butler proved he is a "good teammate." I wanted John Collins at the time but there's no doubt that Bam is an all-star and a force when at full health. Happy at the experience Herro got and how much he's done already. Thought Jae and Iggy were great deadline acquisitions although I've missed JJ. Happy for Duncan Robinson getting to this level considering where he started. Happy for Goran getting a deep playoff run and lighting it up before he shredded his foot. Happy that Spo proved he's a top-tier NBA coach.

I feel like Miami will get another max-deal type guy in 2021. Hoping for Giannis but I'm sure Pat Riley is in the lab working his magic as to who fits into the culture the best.

What are people's predictions for when next season starts?

Was thinking MLK Day, but that might be too optimistic if the owners are set on getting at least some fans into the arenas.

Back