• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Is there a worse contract in the NBA than Westbrook’s? Maybe Wall?

Hawks thinking about trading for Jrue Holiday in a package that includes the #6 pick. They don’t need anymore youth so trading the pick makes sense.

Latest Hawks report on The Athletic says it's highly unlikely they trade the pick partly because they feel like it's the last time they'll be in the lottery and have a chance to get a "young, cost-controlled player" and also because they'd have to trade the pick and players. They're just showing up in rumors because they have a lot of cap space and desperately want to make the playoffs.

Seems like the Hawks have about as many young players and a roster can handle long-term. They have money now. They won't be able to keep all the young players in the future. Seems like getting a veteran to win now would be important.

Shams tweeting that the Hornets are interested in Westbrook.

I wouldn't hate it if it was for like Rozier and Batum, we've got a ton of cap space over the next few years and aren't luring any big time FAs. But I wouldn't give up any of the young guys or the picks. A lineup of Graham, Westbrook, Bridges/Monk, Washington, and Wiseman with the other young bench guys would be a playoff team and fun as hell for a couple of years.

Yeah, my first thought was the the Knicks and Hornets might be the only teams dumb enough to trade for Westbrook

The Hornets should get a pick for taking on Westbrook, unless Batum and Biyombo/Zeller get out the door also.

Then trade Rozier to Indy for Turner.

The Hornets should get a pick for taking on Westbrook, unless Batum and Biyombo/Zeller get out the door also.

Then trade Rozier to Indy for Turner.

Right. The only way it happens is if the Rockets include pick(s) to get out from under Westbrook's contract for the next 3 years. Biyombo is already off so he won't be included, and Batum comes off this year so would help Houston. Both Rozier and Zeller are serviceable relative to their contracts.

If it is Westbrook and a 1st for Batum and Rozier I think they at least think about it. Rozier is on the hook for 2 more years anyway, and I'm not sure who they are going to get with the Batum money. The are likely going to be overpaying for someone regardless. That said, lowballing Kemba and letting him walk for the privilege of overpaying Westbrook is not an appealing thought.

ETA: The more important trade that they should be pushing is Zeller into Golden State's trade exception for the #2 pick. Zeller fits perfectly in GS on both sides of the ball and will be lightyears better than Wiseman for the remainder of the Curry/Thompson/Draymond effective lifespan.

Last edited:
I would think getting Steph would be better than getting the 2 pick. So why not just trade Batum and Zeller for Steph? Hometown kid, would be a great story.

So you think Indy would do that deal for a player who was "not great, but fine?"

not gonna act like I watch the Hornets much, but Rozier is #153 in WS/48 at $20 million per year at a non-premium position

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - Stephen Silas to coach Rockets, but which Rockets?

I feel like the Hornets fan existence comes down to hoping your team can trade bad or mediocre players they acquired for good players they passed on in the draft.

Back