• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Bryn Forbes should be a good pick up for the Bucks. He's the type of shooter I was saying the Bucks need to add.

He’s an excellent shooter. Cannot create for himself at all, but maybe the Bucks don’t need that when dudes collapse on Freak.

The Nuggets also completely overpowered him in the playoffs in 2019. He’s a questionable defender at SG.

Spurs will give any of his minutes to Lonnie, Kelvin J or maybe Vassell. Spurs perimeter D...looking decent.

The Bucks need spot up shooters who can hit the shots Jrue and Giannis create for them. Another good wing like Bogdanovic would be great, but they may be able to get by with DiVincenzo or Connaughton and a cast of shooters.

It looks like the Spurs' multi-year plan obsession with guards could pay off. I just hope Murray and White are good defensive guards. Vassell and Jones have a good defensive rep. After years of having an all-time great post defender and one good guard defender (Bowen, Green), having several guard/wing defenders will be interesting.

I'm hope the Spurs can trade Aldridge and DeRozen and move forward to the future. I'm not optimistic about the Spurs doing anything in 2021 free agency, so getting some decent players and/or assets now in exchange would be great.

Last edited:
He gets Kobe comps. Even if he couldn't be the best player on a title team, he could be the #2 player on a title team and that's a max contract. He's 22. The Celtics are paying to find out.

I’ve been impressed with his improvement and he’s been excellent in the playoffs. I think the Kobe comps could be spot on, he’s ice cold. Don’t think it’s an overpay or anything. Worth it to keep him. Just curious what others think.

Has there been an NBA Champion in the last 40 years without a top 5 player, other than the 2004 Pistons? I don’t think Tatum’s ceiling is top 5 player, so I guess I’d say he’s not good enough to be the best player on championship team. That’s not meant to be a knock on him - he’s very good and the extension was a no-brainer

Spurs 2014. Kawhi wasn’t top 5 when he won.

I think the odds of Tatum being a top 5 player within the next 5 years are pretty decent. You have pay to find out.

One minor point about the Tatum deal. His fifth year is a player option (same as Donovan Mitchell got).

Makes me happy the Sixers got the full five with Simmons.

Gasol to Lakers. They had to trade McGee to Cavs for 2 non-guaranteed deals to make it work. Obviously net upgrade.

Only questions for Lakers are perimeter D and whether LeBron finally loses a step.

I’ve been impressed with his improvement and he’s been excellent in the playoffs. I think the Kobe comps could be spot on, he’s ice cold. Don’t think it’s an overpay or anything. Worth it to keep him. Just curious what others think.

Celts have underwhelmed 2 years running in the series they got knocked out of. Whole lot of 8-22 and 9-26's in his loss vs the Heat this year. Put up a 5-18, 5-15, 9-21, 9-23 vs the Raps which they barely won (He had slightly better lines in the other few days). He's good enough to get exactly where he's gotten, competitive in the 2nd round of the playoffs with a good team. Might get better though.

I don't really like Tatum, but which wings were this good at 21?

Lebron and KD is the whole list

Celts have underwhelmed 2 years running in the series they got knocked out of. Whole lot of 8-22 and 9-26's in his loss vs the Heat this year. Put up a 5-18, 5-15, 9-21, 9-23 vs the Raps which they barely won (He had slightly better lines in the other few days). He's good enough to get exactly where he's gotten, competitive in the 2nd round of the playoffs with a good team. Might get better though.

So Kobe stat lines

LOL. Imma go ahead and assume you can look at early Kobe, hell early Lebron and KD, and see the same thing.

I don't really like Tatum, but which wings were this good at 21?

Lebron and KD is the whole list

Exactly. He averaged 23.4 ppg, 7.0 reb, 4.0 ast with 45/40/81 percentages at 21 years old.

Kobe's stats at 21: 22.5 ppg, 6.3 reb, 4.9 ast with 46/32/82 percentages.

The best way to win in the NBA is draft a good player, get a few years of promising production and lock him up as soon as possible for a price that's going to look very reasonable when he's getting into his prime. That's what the Celtics did.

In the woulda, shoulda department, how different would the teams look if the Celtics and 76ers don't make the pick swap before the 2017 draft? Do the Celtics take Tatum with the overall number one pick or do they take either Fulz or Ball?

Would the 76ers pick Tatum at #3?

Sixers would have won a title by now if they'd somehow gotten Tatum imo.

Sixers seem to always telegraph their picks, and the Celtics have twice cashed in on that with the Fultz and Thybulle picks.

Sixers seem to always telegraph their picks, and the Celtics have twice cashed in on that with the Fultz and Thybulle picks.

Sixers need to find whoever is running the election conspiracy that apparently involves millions of votes and thousands of election officials, but yet nobody can find any decent evidence of its existence.

Back