• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Tentative list:

Ph
D14
Juice
Kory
Pilch
Sig
Townie
RSF?

That's 8 right there. Good stuff.

Here are the NBA comps:

A 22.5 pts, 6.3 reb, 4.9 ast 47/32/82 (Kobe at 21)
B 23.8 pts, 6.2 reb, 4.1 ast 46/39/85 (Ingram last season)
C 25.3 pts, 6.5 reb, 2.8 ast 47/42/86 (KD at age 20)
D 23.4 pts, 7.0 reb, 3.0 ast 45/40/81 (Tatum last season)
E 24.1 pts, 5.2 reb, 6.8 ast 48/29/76 (D-Wade at 23)
F 26.6 pts, 7.3 reb, 3.3 ast 50/37/85 (Kawhi for the Raptors at age 27)
G 21.7 pts, 6.8 reb, 3.5 ast 42/36/86 (PG at 23)

palma: C, B, F, D, E, A, G
Tejas: C, A, F, B, D, E, G
Townie: F, C, A, B, G, D, E

My point was that it's perfectly reasonable to give Ingram and Tatum max contracts because they're on a similar trajectory as elite wings of the previous two generations. I looked at few other players to do this. What's clear is that Lebron and KD were in another world with respect to production at a very early age.

Lol even when the numbers are hypothetical I still don’t like Tatum. That’s a cool exercise Ph.

Dude, your numbers were so different than palma and Tejas and what I thought people would use. I thought you cheated and looked up Tatum's stats.

It's tough to judge young wing players now because the scale is broken. Even the best young players are a firm tier below Lebron, KD, Giannis, and Kawhi. A promising young wing like Ingram or Tatum may never reach that level. They may be more of a Paul George type and still be a good investment right now. That's how the league is. You max two or three guys and you hope it's a Lebron and AD or Steph, KD, and Klay. Even if you strike gold, it's likely a Giannis and Khris Middleton.

One note about AD and the Lakers. AD has been the best big in the game for awhile. But when he was isolated with the Pelicans and it was between Lebron and the Warriors, the thought around the league seemed to be that a team didn't need an elite big to contend. You could get away with a very good big like Draymond or Bosh or Love and be fine. Does a team need an elite big to go through the Lakers now?

I thought about this when people were speculating that the Warriors wouldn't draft Wiseman. Why not? They need to beat AD now. Give it a shot. The list of teams who can legitimately contend with AD is pretty short. The Nugs but Jokic isn't a great matchup. I'll get the Sixers and Embiid out of the way for Townie's sake. Gobert and the Jazz. The Lakers are going to be really tough.

are slash lines and percentages really enough to evaluate a player? haven’t done the exercise but i suspect you could find players with similar stats that have very different value/reputations as players which i think would be an indictment on the stats not the player evaluations.

A 23.5 pts, 7.8 reb, 10.4 ast 45/30/81
B 25.3 pts, 7.8 reb, 10.2 ast 49/34/69
C 28.8 pts, 9.4 reb, 8.8 ast 46/32/76

^thats westbrook in his last season with durant vs lebron and doncic.

alternatively you could just look at different seasons for a single player and end up with wildly different conclusions even though they largely remain the same caliber of player year to year.

Last edited:
I’m pretty cool with all of them but Brooklyn, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.

I like what Brooklyn was going for, but seems like they missed on the execution

kinda sad i can't clown boston's this year

RIP Cus Crise

Houston's are great, Lakers too. Phoenix I can't decide.

As always, Miami's are the best.

Lol Knicks and Cavs. Raps also low key suck.

chi's my favorite tbh

the idea behind the bucks jersey is good but bad execution i think

The NBA suspended marijuana testing for 2020-21 season. No random tests. This is a massive win for the players. Josh Howard is trying to get back into the league now.

My take on the City jerseys

Nice
Hawks
Hornets - sharp. Appreciate the new color.
Bulls
Mavs - clearly I like gold
Nugs
Clips
Grizz
Suns - don’t know why I like it but I do
Blazers
Spurs
Raptors
Jazz
Wiz

Bland or basic but good
Celtics

Pistons
Warriors - appreciate the old school uni
Pacers

Kings

Nope
Nets - look like some 90s BS
Cavs
Lakers - bland AF
Heat - ruined a good idea
Bucks - decent idea but poor execution
T-Wolves - It’s bland and basic. I don’t like it but I don’t know why.
Pelicans - Fine but I don’t like it.
Knicks - Damn. Knox is their guy. Geez.

Last edited:
the only thing I see when I look at that Warriors jersey is Latrell Sprewell choking PJ Carlesimo

Last edited:
Just happy to see the fiesta colors back for the Spurs. Also sad to see that Miami isn’t going to continue with the Miami Vice unis. Wish they’d make those full time. Their new city jerseys are horrid.

Back