• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Awesome.

Ph
D14
Juice
Kory
Pilch
Sig
Townie
RSF?
isledeac

can I set up League Pass in a different market(e.g. Raleigh) so that I can watch local Chicago games?

I split YTTV with my dad and brothers and the YTTV account is based in Raleigh, so I currently don't get local Chicago NBC Sports, which is the Bulls broadcaster

FWIW, I use Roku and when I bought League Pass for the re-start, the Bulls issue was irrelevant, but it did go through the NBA app instead of YTTV

worried that I would get got on the location services via the NBA app even if the account was NC-based

Last edited:
That's a great question. You may be in luck on multiple fronts.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/how-to-watch-the-nba-on-youtube-tv/

[h=2]What about out-of-market broadcasts?[/h]NBA fans who do not live in the local market of their favorite team can still catch nearly every game live through out-of-market broadcasts with NBA League Pass on YouTube TV. The NBA League Pass YouTube TV service is available for an additional $40/mo. Alternatively, users can sign up for the annual subscription for $119.99/yr. to watch all of a single team’s games throughout the entire NBA season. NBA fans looking for more live basketball can watch the games of every team throughout the season for $199.99/yr. Another option is to watch all games from every NBA team with an in-arena stream during commercial breaks for $249.99/yr.

So you could get a Bulls pass for $119.99 or you all could just add League Pass to your shared account for $40/mo.

can I set up League Pass in a different market(e.g. Raleigh) so that I can watch local Chicago games?

I split YTTV with my dad and brothers and the YTTV account is based in Raleigh, so I currently don't get local Chicago NBC Sports, which is the Bulls broadcaster

FWIW, I use Roku and when I bought League Pass for the re-start, the Bulls issue was irrelevant, but it did go through the NBA app instead of YTTV

worried that I would get got on the location services via the NBA app even if the account was NC-based

My understanding is the answer is no, unless you log in through a VPN it is going to know you are in the Chicago area and black you out.

it seems like I can pay the $40/mo to add League Pass to our family YTTV account (as Ph pointed out) and that would recognize the market as Raleigh and blackout Hornets games (gasp), but would make it harder to split among friends who are not privvy to that account

Ph, or whoever is going to organize fantasy, any idea when everything is going to get set up and the draft will happen? Sometime late next week would be most convenient for me (some preseason games will have happened, but not too close to Christmas), but I'll be able to make whenever work probably.

Ph
D14
Juice
Kory
Pilch
Sig
Townie
RSF?
isledeac
Shoo

That's 10 if RSF is in. If any of you would prefer to run the league that's fine. If not, I can do it.

Late next week works for me. I’m already commish for another league/sport so I’d prefer not to run this one.

Ph, nobody wants to run the league. Tag, you are it.

I can do a draft any night except 12/15 or 12/20.

so the two options are next monday or the monday after?

I'd prefer next monday, but next Wednesday or Thursday probably my first choices

so the two options are next monday or the monday after?

I'd prefer next monday, but next Wednesday or Thursday probably my first choices

aw shit i did it wrong, meant to do all the intervening days as well, let me edit

Edited the link, now all the days starting Monday through the following Monday, are options.

Will make it work any day, but next Tuesday (12/15) or Wednesday (12/16).

Back