• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Ja is a savage.

Love Ja.

Also realize steph gonna hang 50 on him next time they play

Woj has said the TWolves are really trying hard to get Russell from Golden State and it could be a 4-team trade with Houston and Atlanta. I just fooled around on NBA Trade Machine and came up with the following:

Atlanta receives Dieng from Minnesota
Houston receives Covington from Minnesota and Burks from Golden State
Minnesota receives Looney and DRussell from Golden State
Golden State receives Capela from Houston and Evan Turner from Atlanta

Why the Rox trying to shop Capela? He's young, on a cheap contract, and seems to have pretty good stats

I think they don't value the center position and are looking to get max value on him from someone who does

The 3 point contest should add a distance challenge. Basic three pointers just seem obsolete. Maybe add 15 seconds, take out the money balls from the racks, and let players shoot deep threes for the extra point.

I like that. You either shoot the regular ball for 1 point at the end of the rack, or you back up 6-8 feet and shoot the money ball for 3 points.

lol, forgot Bz is with the Pels now. nice shot of him picking his teeth like a stooge.

The 3 point contest should add a distance challenge. Basic three pointers just seem obsolete. Maybe add 15 seconds, take out the money balls from the racks, and let players shoot deep threes for the extra point.

And just saw on the ticker that they added two deep shots to the contest.

Rockets get Covington and Jordan Bell
Hawks get Capela and Nene
T-Wolves get Malik Beasley, Hernangomez, Evan Turner, Jarred Vanderbilt, and Hawks' 2020 1st acquired from the Nets
Nuggets get Gerald Green and Keita Bates-Diop and a Houston 1st round pick

The Hawks managed to flip a few bad contracts to get Capela. Not bad.

So Lebron addressed the "hot hand" debate tonight when asked about an analytics person who said it doesn't exist... "I guarantee you that analytics person has never been in a zone in their life" :D Time to fire up the debate again when rj is unbanned??

I guess Covington is on as good if not better of a contract than Capela. And just in reading articles, Covington ranked as like the best defensive SF a few years back, how do his defensive stats look now for those who know how to look them up?

How is Ryan Anderson completely out of the league? He was a 40% 3PT shooter just 2 years ago

Last edited:
The system in Minnesota is definitely different than the one in Philly when he was all defense. He’s still not a perfect on ball defender but he’s insane off ball at both denial and closeout. His work over screens is also ridiculous. Seems like his stats this year aren’t where they were in 2018, but he’s still a stud. Streaky shooter and can’t dribble or get his own shot but definitely still an elite defender.

Why the Rox trying to shop Capela? He's young, on a cheap contract, and seems to have pretty good stats

As I've said on here for years, he is Biyombo 2.0. He can rebound okay and dunk on passes above the rim, but he has stone hands on pocket passes and his defense is pretty weak all things considered. He is good on weakside help but isn't stopping any actual post players in the playoffs (AD, Embiid, Gobert, Joker, etc). He is purely a product of playing next to Harden in that asinine offense, his numbers will be trash in Atlanta. That said, Collins will benefit just from having someone next to him attempting to defend bigger guys, so it makes sense for the Hawks given all their cap room.

The Rockets are a joke just grasping at straws at this point, and D'Antoni is back to his usual fraudulent coaching. They tried their "nobody over 6'6" lineup" last night against the Hornets, and while they won because the Hornets have no depth and are trying to lose, Bridges and Washington dominated down low and the Hornets completely out played them putting aside the Hardening of the refs. Any playoff team with a legitimate post player is going to decimate them inside while they hoist bad 3 after bad 3 and flail violently hoping for calls. I think Gordon was 0-12 from deep last night.

Back