• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

The Hawks have one of the best young rosters in the NBA now. If they don't win it is on the coach. I'd take that roster in a heartbeat.

The Hawks managed to flip a few bad contracts to get Capela. Not bad.

they did have to give up the Nets' first they had

from the ESPN article on the trade:

The Rockets did not play a traditional center in their victories over the Dallas Mavericks and New Orleans Pelicans over the weekend despite having 7-foot reserves Tyson Chandler and Isaiah Hartenstein available. Houston became the first team to go an entire game without using a player taller than 6-foot-6 since the New York Knicks in a Jan. 31, 1963, win over the Chicago Zephyrs, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau.

The Hawks have one of the best young rosters in the NBA now. If they don't win it is on the coach. I'd take that roster in a heartbeat.

the problem is Trae, especially, and JC are not very good defenders

in fact, I can't remember a less impactful defender than Trae Young in a while

Emphasis on the young. Pre-trades their top rotations guys were essentially Trae (21), Huerter (21), Collins (22), Hunter (just turned 22), Reddish (20). It's going to take some time.

they did have to give up the Nets' first they had

from the ESPN article on the trade:

The Rockets did not play a traditional center in their victories over the Dallas Mavericks and New Orleans Pelicans over the weekend despite having 7-foot reserves Tyson Chandler and Isaiah Hartenstein available. Houston became the first team to go an entire game without using a player taller than 6-foot-6 since the New York Knicks in a Jan. 31, 1963, win over the Chicago Zephyrs, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau.

They got that Nets pick and Allen Crabbe for Taurean Prince's good contract. They traded Crabbe for Teague and the Nets pick was part of the Capela package.

the problem is Trae, especially, and JC are not very good defenders

in fact, I can't remember a less impactful defender than Trae Young in a while

According to both RAPTOR on 538 and defensive rating, Collins has been a positive defender this year in the games he's played (smaller sample size with his suspension). The problems are Trae, Huerter, and the center position, which they now have turned into a positive with Capela. Will be interesting to see, because they are really testing the theory that guard defense is much less meaningful than frontcourt defense.

does anybody around here make a real distinction between the Morris twins?

I have to look up which one is better and it always seems to change

does anybody around here make a real distinction between the Morris twins?

I have to look up which one is better and it always seems to change

I often play a game of Morris, Lopez, or Nada. Pick a team and try to guess if a Morris twin has played there, a Lopez twin has played there, or none of them. You can also add a Bogdanovic to really spice it up.

I often play a game of Morris, Lopez, or Nada. Pick a team and try to guess if a Morris twin has played there, a Lopez twin has played there, or none of them. You can also add a Bogdanovic to really spice it up.

which team do you think has had the most Morrises and Lopezes play for them? Anybody claim three?

edit: Phoenix just missed having three at the same time!

I never had a problem keeping the Lopezes straight because Brook was always a lot better

Iggy to the Heat, with what seems like a terrible contract extension. Are we sure he is still good?

Official 2019-20 NBA Season: 4 team trade Capela to Hawks; Covington to Rockets

For Justise Winslow.

https://twitter.com/peteredmiston/status/1225236314263576576

The Southwest Division is going to be so tough. Zion, Ja, Luka. Three teams with good young cores. Rockets still have two of the best players in the league.

Last edited:
Official 2019-20 NBA Season: 4 team trade Capela to Hawks; Covington to Rockets

Hawks traded Parker and Len for Dedmon and 2 2nd round picks

Hai ph

753bcf30c9dc6a98f06ba17a5a93f583.jpg

Back