• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

You really think he is going to put forth an effort on a team that is 15-35 and has lost 13 games in a row? He barely put forth any effort to show up on a 4th place team. I'd honestly be surprised if he even suits up rather than comes up with a bogus injury to sit the rest of the season.

Wow.

One, I've always liked JJ, so I am willing to admit I am more likely to forgive him for showing up out of shape in training camp this year. But he did fight his way back into the rotation in Miami and get in shape. He has been playing well for Miami the last month, in particular when Derrick Jones Jr was out injured. I have no idea if he wants to play past next season, but he is gonna get paid $16mil next year if he takes his player option. There is a possible reality $10-$12 million per year. That is within the realm of possibility. Unlikely, but possible.

I don't like what Iguadala did to Memphis and I don't think just any veteran could get away with it anyway. Plus, coming from Wyoming, JJ is more likely to be engaged in Minneapolis than most players. I think it is a good move for him.

What a tough way to lose a hard fought game. The refs missed an obvious goaltend on a game tying layup by Dame. Couldn't be more obvious.

Can't remember which list but one of the Post Trade Deadline ones listed JCollins as #3 Loser due to crowded frontline with Capela.

Agree with that. Collins has just one elite skill, which relies on his ability to be efficient and play at the rim. He’s fine at plenty of other things, but Capela has basically the same skill set and it’s hard to imagine them coexisting.

also hard to see a guy putting up 20/10 on 56%/35%/81% not being able to find minutes

What a 2020s problem to have. How on earth do you play an efficient elite post scorer and very good rebounder averaging 20/10 in 31 min/game beside a rim protector and elite rebounder?

Just to make sure people see the tweet above.

Last edited:
Not sure if discussed here but clearly the Spurs screwed this up. Perfect chance to move Demar. Doesn't his contract come up next year? If so now was the time to move him. I'll be shocked if this team make the playoffs. They are the most undisciplined team Pop has had. No lead is safe with them. They aren't beating the teams they should and have dug too deep of a hole.

LMA and Demar are all-star capable but are not going to win games by themselves. Demar is completely unclutch. He'll score 35 and then miss the last shot or ft to tie.

The supporting cast are serviceable players but I doubt a future all-star among them.

They should have cashed in on this season. As it stand they will not make the playoff and have little to show for that.

Completely agree. Demar is one of the least clutch multiple-time all-stars I've ever seen. It's clear he was the problem in Toronto. He and LMA have games that just aren't equipped for this era, but at least LMA is trying. I would have moved him and freed up more PT for all the guards on the roster. I'm not convinced they'd do much worse without him and Lonnie Walker and other splitting up his minutes.

Am i the only one who thinks James Johnson is going to start at the 4 in Minnesota over Hernangomez and put up good numbers on 26/28 minutes? I picked him up in Fantasy and only 200 other humans on the planet did likewise. Seems 70 of those dropped him once he was traded from Memphis. Am I looking at this thru rose colored deacond goggles? Johnson has put up number in the few games he has played significant minutes in the last month, including a game he scored 18 points from the beginning of the 4th quarter thru OT that he almost singlehandedly won ...

15 points 5 assists in 20 minutes on 6-9 shooting 2-3 from three in a beatdown of the Clippers #jayboneknowsthings

What a 2020s problem to have. How on earth do you play an efficient elite post scorer and very good rebounder averaging 20/10 in 31 min/game beside a rim protector and elite rebounder?

Just to make sure people see the tweet above.

Apparently that isn't as big a 2020s problem as having an efficient elite post scorer averaging 17.8 and leading the NBA in rebounding at 15.8 in 33 mins a game who also himself is an elite rim protector. Because (a) he must be traded for some inexplicable reason to create cap room to get ready to overpay chuckers who think they are Steph, and (b) all you get for him is a box of rocks and a second round pick. NBA GMs are so damn stupid.

Agree with that. Collins has just one elite skill, which relies on his ability to be efficient and play at the rim. He’s fine at plenty of other things, but Capela has basically the same skill set and it’s hard to imagine them coexisting.

He's also an elite rebounder.

15 points 5 assists in 20 minutes on 6-9 shooting 2-3 from three in a beatdown of the Clippers #jayboneknowsthings

Gracias gracias #successing. Looks like he is gonna anchor the 2nd unit. Malik Beasley is gonna put up sick numbers if Russell doesn't ruin everything

watching Bestbrook get to the rim over and over with Gobert tracking a shooter along the arc and you kinda get why the Rox are going all in on small ball

gonna be a problem when they face guys who can actually do damage on offense in the post, but there aren't really that many guys in the West you have to worry about (AD, LMA, ???)

Collins with 32 and 15 in 2OT vs. Knicks. This is his second straight 30/10 game.

Back