• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

League Pass teams (teams I'll watch that aren't my team, the Sixers): Hawks, Blazers, Clippers, Nets

The Clippers are the best team of that bunch but also have an extremely likeable mix of players and play insane team and individual defense and also have some great scorers

But if you don't want to hop in with a front running team, the Hawks are building a fun team and you can watch Collins ball out with Trae Young.

gonna have to bail on the Nets once KD starts playing

I'd pick the Blazers right now. They're the one team that is still fighting for something concrete (8th seed) who has a chance to be a dark horse contender for the championship. Seeding doesn't matter that much. Home court won't exist unless they come up with something contrived. If Nurkic plays, they have the potential to pull an upset.

And your consolation prize if the Blazers don't make it is Ja or Zion in the playoffs.

Last edited:
something about Dame is off-putting to me

he's kinda pouty about his stature among NBA stars, I guess is what it is

Danny Manning interviewed on The Herd by Doug Gottlieb. Not even starting a new thread because he wasn't asked about Wake Forest. It was basically his perspective as a former basketball player on the NBA plan as well as the current status of race in society. They asked him about G-League coaching.

He was very impressive and just a different person from the dismissive and condescending person he could be as our coach. When Gottlieb began to introduce him, and spoke of him being an all-time great college and pro player, I thought, I bet it's Manning. Really sad that that never translated to a key recruiting advantage at Wake like I thought it would.

See ya, Coach. Chapter closed, moving on.

something about Dame is off-putting to me

he's kinda pouty about his stature among NBA stars, I guess is what it is

I disagree with this. Dame is awesome. He's got swagger. He's kind of like this generation's AI. He's a little guy who gets shit done.

Lillard is fun to watch, but getting swept by the Warriors, sans KD, last year didn't help his legacy. I remember thinking that with Durant out, the Blazers had a chance and they couldn't get a game.

I don't think Dame's legacy is tarnished by getting a starting lineup of him, CJ, Enes Kanter, Mo Harkless, and AFA past OKC and Denver to the Western Conference Finals and getting swept by essentially the 2015 NBA Champs.

I don't think Dame's legacy is tarnished by getting a starting lineup of him, CJ, Enes Kanter, Mo Harkless, and AFA past OKC and Denver to the Western Conference Finals and getting swept by essentially the 2015 NBA Champs.

The 2019 Warriors, without Durant, were not even close to the 2015 Warriors in level of play. The 2015 Warriors went 67-15, and then 16-5 in the playoffs. Iguodola was 31 and still a difference-maker. Bogut was 31, and still a factor. At age 35 last year, both those guys were verging on non-factors. The 2015 Warriors team also had Harrison Barnes who shot 40% from 3 that year and made it difficult to double. With Durant out, NBA journeymen like Kevon Looney, Quinn Cook and Alfonzo McKinnie were getting key playoff minutes. Against everyone else other than the Blazers, the Warriors were 2-4 in the 2019 playoff games without Durant.

Agree that Lillard is/was fun to watch, but as the Raptors series proved, the last year, the Warriors were ripe to get upended without Durant, but the Lillard laid an egg (Lillard shot 37% from the field, and had a cumulative plus/minus rating of -46, negative in each game) Bottom line is that he played poorly in the biggest series of his career. That has to be part of his legacy. Hopefully, he gets the chance to turn that story around.

Maybe you had him with a stronger legacy than I did.

Lonnie Walker IV just cut his hair and revealed he began growing it in 5th grade as a coping mechanism for being sexually abused and raped. Damn. Brave to come forward about that. It's great to see that courage. Hope it helps someone else.

Lonnie Walker IV just cut his hair and revealed he began growing it in 5th grade as a coping mechanism for being sexually abused and raped. Damn. Brave to come forward about that. It's great to see that courage. Hope it helps someone else.

Real proud of Lonnie. I hope he gets more run if this 8 game finish actually happens.

I don't understand how Kyrie got to the VP of the NBAPA. He's such a selfish prick.

When you're negotiating on behalf of labor, it's good to protect the interests of your fellow laborers. The MLBPA could use more selfish pricks like him.

He's not doing that at all. In fact, if he is successful at all, he could screw every member of the union for years to come. If enough players don't play, the NBA can burn the current CBA and all contracts according Amin Elhassan and others.

Kyrie has his money, but tons of players in the $1-6M range could lose their security.

As usual, Kyrie is a self-indulgent, narcissistic little prick.

Back