• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

A few more thoughts, still in this meeting:

1) I didn't get an F til college
2) I get paid handsomely for my reading comprehension abilities
3) Posted that article full text so feel free to engage with it
4) Kyrie's responsibility to the league is to stand up to structural racism on behalf of its 70+% nonwhite membership

Most of the citations in the article are things that happened pre-2014. You need to have something current.

As to Kyrie, he could destroy all the progress that has been made. How come among others a former strong, pro-player NBAPA President completely disagree with you.

What am I thinking? You know more about what's best for the players and the league than Antonio Davis, CP3, Lebron and other union leaders.

Why do you always go to this "what am I thinking? you know best for black people" when you're literally making the same style of argument, that you know best?

I thought you were going to pull one of his quotes about more player control over ownership or unsafe conditions in Florida. But your argument is literally just that Kyrie saying there's systemic racism in the NBA in 2020 is hurting young players? On what basis will this affect their contracts or their pay?

According to union leaders and even a former GM, if Kyrie is successful in stopping play in Orlando, the NBA has the right to cancel the CBA immediately. This will be devastating to the players. But you dismiss their expertise.

Whether he returns to play or not this year, Kyrie could hold post-game meetings with the public and/or press to discuss race in this country. He will have literally a captive media audience to use to explore his ideas and ideals.

People will be watching the NBA in greater numbers than ever due to the lack of competition for the attention of the public. If he kills the season, he destroys his greatest platform.

The biggest impact he could have is in Orlando.

To misrepresent my position as anti-union couldn't be more wrong. My position is entirely about saving the union and millions of dollars for the players.

Melo, Dwight, and Dame have also expressed concerns. He hasn't proposed a strike or walkout. He made a statement expressing concern for player safety, as he should.

But he has been inciting things after the vote. This is how Kyrie has been his entire pro career.

There sure is a lot of coding in your language around his speech.

Melo, Dwight, and Dame have also expressed concerns. He hasn't proposed a strike or walkout. He made a statement expressing concern for player safety, as he should.

reports were last night he proposed creating his own league. RJ = 1, Townie = 0.

And anyway, players should have more ownership stake in leagues. Once again, that should be the position of labor organizers.

And anyway, players should have more ownership stake in leagues. Once again, that should be the position of labor organizers.

NBA players have it pretty good. They get 50% of the revenues. There's a very high minimum wage of 90% of the salary cap per team, unlike baseball. Owners really only make a ton of money once they sell the team.

Townie, you didn't write that article, did you? It's written like a college sophomore trying impress his journalism professor with big words and "Moreover"s.

Back