• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Official 2019-20 NBA Season Suspended - NBA may return on July 31

man, how much would it suck to be a minimum wage employee being isolated from your family for three months to live in Orlando in the middle of the summer?

Well that’s the point, they should get paid much more.

And many Disney staff are already isolated from their families in Orlando right now.

Last edited:
Disney is a trash employer

but we all know this

Much of the business model is underpaying people to have a “magical” short term experience. Putting underpaid people in a bubble to service NBA players fits the bill but the risks are not sufficient.

Seems like momentum is heading towards this Orlando thing not happening? I wanted to see Lebron try to go for it, but I'm rapidly losing interest.

Bertans not playing makes sense. He going to get a major contract. His great shooting could fit in a lot of places.

This is why I can’t fault anyone for not wanting to play

A lot of people are leaving a lot of money on the table if they stay home

Bertans is leaving a little less than $1M on the table by not playing. But if he were to get injured, he could lose tens of millions. With his knees, this is a no brainer.

We're not going to be back to full arenas for quite some time. I don't think role players are going to be making $10 mil a year anymore.

We're not going to be back to full arenas for quite some time. I don't think role players are going to be making $10 mil a year anymore.

I wonder if sports will get better ratings for the next year or so due to the lack of other options. Last weekend, British soccer set TV records. If this happens, some of the losses could be offset.

if they're really worried about player safety they should hold it outside the United States in a country with a real public health system

Yeah, but how are they going to get a bunch of Americans into another country right now ? Maybe Mexico, but that's it.

The Bahamas would be a good location. They've only had 100 or so cases total.

But is that because they haven’t allowed a bunch of Americans?

I wonder if sports will get better ratings for the next year or so due to the lack of other options. Last weekend, British soccer set TV records. If this happens, some of the losses could be offset.

I don't think they can renegotiate the TV deals midstream. Whatever the networks are paying the leagues are locked in, regardless of whether the networks can charge more to advertisers at a point in time because of a spike in viewers.

I don't think they can renegotiate the TV deals midstream. Whatever the networks are paying the leagues are locked in, regardless of whether the networks can charge more to advertisers at a point in time because of a spike in viewers.

I'm sure the networks aren't having to pay full fare for this cancelled season though, no?

Back