• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 Republican National Convention Thread

Just listened to All Things Considered interview with three conservatives...they indicated they’re very satisfied with Trump and the RNC convention.

Just listened to All Things Considered interview with three conservatives...they indicated they’re very satisfied with Trump and the RNC convention.

I didn’t watch until the end because I figured it would be done. Seeing that opera singer singing Hallelujah and Ave Maria from the White House in one of the tackiest displays I’ve ever seen from a world leader was bad. Knowing there were people in the audience and at home crying tears of joy made me sad and angry.

Interesting choice for the show, given these conservatives' brains are only able to consider 3 things.

It was odd that two of the three were from Fayetteville, NC.

They expressed the usual misdirected concerns...dems just want to make everyone "dependent" on the government. And poor Trump...he TRIED to help amidst the rioting/looting but the dems rejected his offers JUST so he couldn't take any credit for doing something good [you see the problem was the over-raucous protesting]...etc.

I mean Biden is a run of the mill Democrat. About as establishment as they come and no serious threat (or hope) for any kind of radical change in either direction. It's bewildering that anybody can plausibly allege that Biden is some sort of "the worst of the worst" in Washington or elsewhere but then again consider the source.

06 is absolutely right - regardless of who the candidate was, Sailor would've been on here facedown in applesauce typing up "anybody is better than ____ or Hillary" wearing his "Lock Her Up" shirt with Orban's mug plastered on the back of it.
That’s why they have switched to saying he is too old and senile. And lazy.

You all saw who was a trumper and never trumper by who was there. Yes trump runs the party but there is a real resistance

There is no resistance. What are you talking about?

Rubio and Cruz are playing 4d chess and are the deep establishment ready to oust Trump and steal the primary. Just you wait.

Last edited:
The Lincoln project. Romney, sasse, murkowski, Collins, to namena few.

There’s some resistance and there are plenty of true believers. But there are also gutless people and sycophants who didn’t show up either.

EYLQT5GRTM23LOTY55YHET3JVM.png

Sasse’s apparent independence continued into 2019. In February, declaring himself a “constitutional conservative,” he urged Trump not to declare a national emergency on the border, warning that it would set a dangerous precedent. “If we get used to presidents just declaring an emergency any time they can’t get what they want from Congress, it will be almost impossible to go back to a Constitutional system of checks and balances,” he said. “Over the past decades, the legislative branch has given away too much power and the executive branch has taken too much power.”

But the next month, he stunned observers when he voted to uphold Trump’s order even though 12 other GOP senators broke with Trump on the issue. It was a breathtaking reversal. In many ways, it was no different than the Faustian bargain made by so many of his colleagues and a reflection of the transformation of Republican politics.

Link

Back