• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Kerr was pretty mad both Klay and Draymond were not on Top 75 of all time, so yeah.

In my lifetime it's been like this:

80's - Lakers (5)/Celtics (3) then Pistons (2)
90's - Bulls (3) with Horace Grant/Rockets (2)/Bulls (3) with Rodman/Spurs in '99
2000's - Lakers (3)/Spurs (3)/Lakers (2)
2010-present - Heat (2)/Warriors (4)

With a few random Spurs, Lakers, Bucks, Cavs, Celtics title(s) - there's like dynasty building in each decade. Pretty incredible run by Warriors as the current dynasty.

I put an asterisk on that crap 2020 title for the Lakers - eff you Phil Jackson.

Had to leave Klay and Draymond off that top 75 list to make room for AD and Dame for whatever reason.

some small sample size donks in here

Tatum had some rough games but he also was the best player on a Finals team and was first team all-NBA

Tatum is only 24. His future remains bright. That said, Golden State broke his will, and by the end of the series, Wiggins was the better player. Tatum was just not the same guy who dropped 46 on the Bucks in Milwaukee when the Celtics faced elimination in the EC Semis. Not the first time a great young player fell apart in the playoffs, including LeBron.

I think Tatum will be fine. I also think it is far from certain he will be a consistent top 5 guy. But I would be shocked if he doesn't end up with a MVP and a title along the way.

Think it was just a combination of (1) Tatum's shoulder bothering him, (2) Andrew Wiggins being an outstanding 3-and-D wing with size and length, and (3) Tatum being worn the ____k down after one brutal series after another.

Final results of the playoffs points contest:

1. Shooshmoo, 2082
2. JuiceCrewAllStar, 1934
3. bmoneydeac, 1802
4. Dali Llama, 1447
5. DeacdeTejas, 1430
6. plama, 1421
7. PhDeac, 1297
8. TenaciousKory, 1099
9. IAppreciateIt, 979
10. TownieDeac, 875

7mv7fF0.png

Tatum played 100 games of basketball this year and put in work on both ends of the floor -- I don't really care much for the dude but I care even less for dumb arguments based on a few games

congrats to shoo on the points contest -- felt good about my top four picks but really blew it on the latter half of the draft

Thanks -- aside from the prize money, thankful that there is now an abolition on complaining about me complaining about the refs going forward.

Glad the Warriors won and I am happy for Steph. Top 10 all time.

And thanks for running it Dali, strong work there.

Tatum will be fine. I think NBA media were really hoping to get THE young star they could consolidate coverage around so they wouldn’t have to bother to cover Tatum, Ja, Luka, Trae, Zion, etc.

some small sample size donks in here

Tatum had some rough games but he also was the best player on a Finals team and was first team all-NBA

Tatum got worse as the series went on and was a no show in the 4th quarters. Smart also did little. Really impressed with Brown, and Horford played well. Also don't think they get this far if Milwaukee had a healthy Middleton.

Was happy to see Steph get his finals MVP, and a couple of those 3s were ridiculous. Got a little scared early in the 4th when they went cold from 3, but they closed it out well down the stretch.

Tatum will be fine. I think NBA media were really hoping to get THE young star they could consolidate coverage around so they wouldn’t have to bother to cover Tatum, Ja, Luka, Trae, Zion, etc.

Really? I think for them the more stars the better. Easier content when you can continually compare and contrast the pros and cons of multiple major stars. Like the never ending QB debates.

Looking at our draft picks...

sJ62EXK.png

Top 20 best value picks, by points above draft rank

1. Jaylen Brown, JuiceCrewAllStar, +305
2. Stephen Curry, Shooshmoo, +229
3. Al Horford, plama, +204
4. Jalen Brunson, bmoneydeac, +199
5. Marcus Smart, bmoneydeac, +197
6. Jayson Tatum, JuiceCrewAllStar, +196
7. Jimmy Butler, Shooshmoo, +189
8. Andrew Wiggins, DeacdeTejas, +156
9. Jordan Poole, Dali Llama, +148
10. Dorian Finney-Smith, Shooshmoo, +133
11. Spencer Dinwiddie, Shooshmoo, +128
12. Draymond Green, Dali Llama, +104
13. Derrick White, DeacdeTejas, +99
14. Klay Thompson, bmoneydeac, +95
15. Max Strus, plama, +94
16. Luka Doncic, TenaciousKory, +87
17. Bam Adebayo, JuiceCrewAllStar, +63
18. Brandon Ingram, PhDeac, +58
19. Victor Oladipo, DeacdeTejas, +51
20. Brandon Clarke, Dali Llama, +43

Top 20 worst value picks, by points below draft rank

1. Kevin Durant, TownieDeac, -370
2. Devin Booker, Dali Llama, -369 (missed 3 games to injury)
3. Joel Embiid, plama, -318 (missed 2 games to injury)
4. Khris Middleton, IAppreciateIt, -237 (missed 10 games to injury)
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo, PhDeac, -235
6. Ja Morant, DeacdeTejas, -222 (missed 3 games to injury)
7. Kyrie Irving, TenaciousKory, -170
8. Deandre Ayton, IAppreciateIt, -147
9. Fred VanVleet, TenaciousKory, -141 (missed 2 games to injury)
10. Chris Paul, bmoneydeac, -135
11. Seth Curry, DeacdeTejas, -101
12. Pascal Siakam, TownieDeac, -99
13. Donovan Mitchell, DeacdeTejas, -91
14. Cameron Payne, plama, -88
15. Andre Drummond, TownieDeac, -85
16. Kyle Lowry, JuiceCrewAllStar, -83 (missed 8 games to injury)
17. Trae Young, PhDeac, -74
18. Rudy Gobert, IAppreciateIt, -59
19. DeMar DeRozan, TenaciousKory, -58
20. Mikal Bridges, PhDeac, -55

Last edited:
Really? I think for them the more stars the better. Easier content when you can continually compare and contrast the pros and cons of multiple major stars. Like the never ending QB debates.

You’d think but they prefer to hammer home a narrative (Dubs dynasty, Lebron GOAT, Harden drama, WTF Kyrie, Ben Simmons?) than appreciate how many blossoming stars there are creating interesting storylines throughout the league. Obviously ESPN is the biggest culprit.

I do think Bucks/Warriors would have been a much better finals.

That could be next year's final. The Celtics need to add some offense, and the Nets need to add a lot of defense to beat a healthy Milwaukee. Phoenix blew its chance this year and could lose Ayton - still have zero idea what happened to CP3 and Booker in those last 2 games against Dallas. If Phoenix loses Ayton, then Dallas or a healthy Denver are the most likely challengers to the Warriors. Utah is a consistent playoff no show, and I don't think you can trust the Clips to stay healthy.

Back