• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

warriors found their defense and they have steph curry. turns out that is pretty good. i thought their legs looked significantly fresher in the last 3 games as well.

i wonder where people will rank steve kerr among the all-time coaches.

warriors found their defense and they have steph curry. turns out that is pretty good. i thought their legs looked significantly fresher in the last 3 games as well.

i wonder where people will rank steve kerr among the all-time coaches.

He's up there with Phil and Pop, two men he helped win championships as a player.

Trading up to take Fultz over Tatum, choosing Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris over Jimmy B, half a decade of Processing for 2nd round exits has got this man down bad.

Same number of ships as Cs in that time tho

Still, an impressive mid-season turnaround for the Celtics first black HC.

He's up there with Phil and Pop, two men he helped win championships as a player.

Yeah I think this can’t be discounted. Kerr players for and learned from two of the all time greats. And that doesn’t take away from his coaching. He has proven he can’t do that well. His decision to bench Draymond in Game 4 might have changed the series. Draymond played different after that. And they ratcheted up their defense as playoffs went on

Draymond Green with a classic Draymond Green performance - near triple double, 2 steals, 2 blocks. A couple of wide open three pointer makes - to shred the Boston big lineup.

The 5 TO's aren't great - but when he plays like that, the Warriors are nearly impossible to beat.

I like them to win it next year if they get Wiseman in the fold. Hell, without Wiseman they're the favorites.

unknown.png

i made this one just for 2&2

1. The Warriors' team defense was criminally under-recognized all season, and at the end of the day, was a hair below (if that) the Celtics' similarly excellent defense.

2. As for next season, if the Clippers have their full roster with Kawhi, PG, Norm Powell, etc., I think they'd probably be my very slight title favorite.

Are we just assuming Draymond makes HOF? Klay too? both are between 50-60% on basketball-reference's probability tool - unsure how quickly the model gets data as their player pages still show 3x champions.

I don't know the answer to this but pretty solid trivia question: How many single digit scorers are in HOF? Ben Wallace and Rodman come to mind. Any others?

Are we just assuming Draymond makes HOF? Klay too? both are between 50-60% on basketball-reference's probability tool - unsure how quickly the model gets data as their player pages still show 3x champions.

I don't know the answer to this but pretty solid trivia question: How many single digit scorers are in HOF? Ben Wallace and Rodman come to mind. Any others?
100%, IMHO.

lol big ben averaged fewer than 6 points a game -- didn't realize it was that low

also would have guessed his career rebounds per game were 10+ but he's at 9.6

Tatum 6-18 for 13 points ,5 turnovers in home NBA finals game. For the series he shot 36%. We can stop all the talk about him being the next great player.

The NBA will still try to make him the next face of the league along with Ja Morant. It was kind of annoying how they pushed Ja in the first round as being one of the top superstars in the NBA.

Kerr was pretty mad both Klay and Draymond were not on Top 75 of all time, so yeah.

In my lifetime it's been like this:

80's - Lakers (5)/Celtics (3) then Pistons (2)
90's - Bulls (3) with Horace Grant/Rockets (2)/Bulls (3) with Rodman/Spurs in '99
2000's - Lakers (3)/Spurs (3)/Lakers (2)
2010-present - Heat (2)/Warriors (4)

With a few random Spurs, Lakers, Bucks, Cavs, Celtics title(s) - there's like dynasty building in each decade. Pretty incredible run by Warriors as the current dynasty.

I put an asterisk on that crap 2020 title for the Lakers - eff you Phil Jackson.

some small sample size donks in here

Tatum had some rough games but he also was the best player on a Finals team and was first team all-NBA

Back