• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

That’s crazy. Great for him. One of our most likable basketball players ever. Amazing to think that he’s still in the league.

He needs one more different team to set a new record.

NBA teams seem to be kicking the tires on any former NBA player. Joe Johnson played for the Celtics at 40 years old. The Celtics just signed AFA on a 10 day.

I’ve seen nothing about Teague coming back.

NBA teams seem to be kicking the tires on any former NBA player. Joe Johnson played for the Celtics at 40 years old. The Celtics just signed AFA on a 10 day.

I’ve seen nothing about Teague coming back.

The Lakers are putting together some sort of mid 2010s all star squad with IT and now Darren Collison.

Collison may still have something in the tank and be valuable.

Kemba with a triple double days after being benched.

Speaking of former Deacs the Celtics have signed Al Farouq Aminu to a 10 day hardship contract. His 7th team. I bet he sticks through the end of the season. The Celtics are terrible.

(wondering why nobody has signed Teague yet)

Speaking of former Deacs the Celtics have signed Al Farouq Aminu to a 10 day hardship contract. His 7th team. I bet he sticks through the end of the season. The Celtics are terrible.

(wondering why nobody has signed Teague yet)

AFA's career went downhill quickly. He was a rotation guy not that long ago.

Hawks signing Chaundee Brown on a hardship deal.

It’s interesting to see which teams are going old and which teams are going young with these hardship deals. And which teams aren’t dealing with COVID issues at all like my Spurs.

It’s interesting to see which teams are going old and which teams are going young with these hardship deals. And which teams aren’t dealing with COVID issues at all like my Spurs.

And about when I posted this, Dejounte was placed in health and safety protocols. I shouldn’t have said anything.

Championship teams generally have a Big 3 of at least one #1 guy, one #2 guy, and one #3 guy. The Bucks, for example, have Giannis, Middleton, and Jrue in those three spots. I put together a list of #1 and #2 guys (if healthy) and teams without a #1 or #2 guy. I'm curious to see what people think about it.

I'll go ahead and acknowledge a few tough decisions.

Going team by team, I had more #1 guys that I thought I would. Obviously there are guys who hadn't led a team to a Finals yet, but I did include guys like Beal and KAT who haven't even been close.

I put Tatum as a #1 and Brown as a #2. The Celtics haven't been good enough to put Brown as a #1 and there's a case to put Tatum as a #2.

Dejounte Murray has made a leap this season and the Spurs are 14-18 playing above expectations. I wanted to make him a #2, but I think he's a #3. A Spurs media article saying Dejounte could a Jrue level guy this year sealed it because I think Jrue is a #3.

It may be too early to say MPJ is a #2, but I felt good putting him up there. Other borderline #2s on my list include Garland, Grant, and Fox.

-------------

List of NBA Players who could be the #1 option on a NBA Finals team

Kevin Durant (Nets)
James Harden (Nets)
Kyrie Irving (Nets)
Giannis Antetokounmpo (Bucks)
Jimmy Butler (Heat)
Bradley Beal (Wizards)
Joel Embiid (Sixers)
Jayson Tatum (Celtics)
Trey Young (Hawks)
Devin Booker (Suns)
Chris Paul (Suns)
Steph Curry (Warriors)
Klay Thompson (Warriors)
Donovan Mitchell (Jazz)
Kawhi Leonard (Clippers)
Paul George (Clippers)
LeBron James (Lakers)
Anthony Davis (Lakers)
Luka Doncic (Mavericks)
Nicola Jokic (Nuggets)
Karl-Anthony Towns (Timberwolves)
Damien Lillard (Blazers)

Young players who could be a #1 in the near future
LaMelo Ball (Hornets)
Ja Morant (Grizzlies)

List of NBA Players who could be a #2 on an NBA Finals team

Zach Lavine (Bulls)
Demar DeRozan (Bulls)
Kris Middleton (Bucks)
Darius Garland (Cavs)
Jaylen Brown (Celtics)
Julius Randle (Knicks)
Domantas Sabonis (Pacers)
Malcolm Brogdon (Pacers)
Myles Turner (Pacers)
Jerami Grant (Pistons)
DeAndre Ayton (Suns)
Rudy Gobert (Jazz)
Russell Westbrook (Lakers)
Jamal Murray (Nuggets)
Michael Porter, Jr (Nuggets)
CJ McCollum (Blazers)
De’Aaron Fox (Kings)
Zion Williamson (Pelicans)
Brandon Ingram (Pelicans)

List of NBA teams without a #1 or #2 option

Raptors
Magic
Spurs
Thunder
Rockets

I think there might be an argument for Jamal Murray in the first group, though his injury will obviously play a factor. I don't see MPJ being that good but maybe I'm alone in that.

Looking at the list, I'm struck by how much talent is in the league and the likelihood that a lot of those guys will end their careers without a championship

not sure i agree about dejounte. dude is averaging 18.8, 8.4, and 8.8. he's a triple double threat and an elite defender. his only issue is a little less efficient than you would like (34% and 43%). he clearly has not proven he's a #nuber1 one guy on a championship team but he could be a number two.

Westbrook was a #1, and then a #2. Currently, he is a zero. Russell got off to a slow start and then played lights out for the last two months of last season. Maybe that happens again, but right now, he hurts as much as he helps.

Fred VanVleet is close to a #2. Think that DeJonte Murray is top rated player in VORP not on the list as a #1 or #2.

Last edited:
Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread

VanVleet was another tough omission.

I may change my mind on Dejounte by the end of the season especially if he can lead this team to the playoffs. The Spurs seem a long way away from being contenders but Dejounte is clearly a #3 maybe #2. Poeltl and Keldon Johnson at least look like they’re developing into #3s. White and Vassell are good complementary players. Jock is a legit backup C. Primo looks like he could become a #2 or maybe even a #1 by the time he’s 23 (he just turned 19). So the future looks better than it did a month or so ago but likely without a 2022 top 5 pick.

Last edited:
Crazy that people talk about how good the warriors will be when Klay is back. they've got Wiseman out too.

Lebron desperately wants a “COVID game” like Jordan’s flu game but Adam Silver won’t let him.

LeBron should pack it in and rest up for a run next year. Having a roster full of chumps is finally catching up. Loved the clip from last week where his entire team abandoned him on offense and didn't bother crossing half court since he pulls that move regularly.

Back