• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I'd never even heard of a Lisfranc injury until a couple of years ago. Since then it seems like everybody is going down with it.

Apparently if a large human lands on top of your foot, your foot can be severely injured. Surprise, surprise, surprise!

Last night, I watched the #3 seed Connecticut Sun vs. #6 seed Dallas Wings in a deciding Game 3 in the 1st round of the WNBA playoffs.

They showed Ja Morant sitting courtside. He contacted Wings star Arike Ogunbowale before the game to show his support. She got him tickets for the game. So he and his friends drove 3 hours from Austin to Dallas for the game and they were going to drive back after the game ended.

It seems like every time I see WNBA content on social media, there's a bunch of pathetic loser dudes making snide comments. Meanwhile, the real ballers, the best men's basketball players in the world respect the WNBA and women's basketball in general.

Ja continues to win the offseason. I'm going to be rooting for the Grizz to break through in the West.

Ja is in Austin? What is he doing here?

Probably going to play for the Austin Spurs next season.

No idea. I've heard it's a cool city, so he was probably just hanging out with his friends.

I see a picture of him with Beard so he visited the Longhorns. That’s all I could find. I thought maybe there was a basketball event in town I had not heard about.

Donovan Mitchell traded to the Cavs.

Didn't know the Cavs were even an option.

Apparently they were and then weren't last week.
https://www.si.com/nba/2022/08/26/cleveland-cavaliers-out-of-donovan-mitchell-trade-talks-per-report

I've been out of the NBA trade loop, so all this is a surprise to me. Knicks fans are going to hate RJ Barrett if he's not a perennial all-star.

No details on what the Cavs traded, but if they can keep a core of Garland, Mitchell, Mobley, Allen, they're going to be NICE.

Yeah, that's what I was expecting. That's a good trade for both sides. The Jazz traded Gobert and Mitchell and ended up with several solid to good rotation players and a ton of picks. And they didn't give up Conley, Clarkson, Bojan who could be good in-season trade pieces.

Just between those two trades and Pat Bev or THT, this is what they've got:

PG Sexton
SG Beasley
SF Markkanen
PF Vanderbilt
C Kessler

That's not a good starting lineup, but it's not a bad starting point for a rebuild.

The best part of this for the Jazz is they dealt with two franchises with a penchant for fucking things up. So it's very possible those teams suck by the time the later picks/swaps transfer.

that is a bad starting lineup

"Just between those two trades and Pat Bev or THT, this is what they've got"

"That's not a good starting lineup, but it's not a bad starting point for a rebuild."

The Jazz managed to trade two stars for a ton of draft capital yet they still have some draft capital and rotation players. They didn't hollow out the entire franchise for a long rebuild.

Damn. Mitchell, Garland, Mobley, and Allen could be really fun. Limited perimeter defenders coupled with two of the best interior defenders. Lots of options on offense. They were able to keep Okoro, too. This year should be a lot of fun.

Utah has a ton of fucking picks to use on this rebuild over the next few years.

Probably the right move for them.

Now they have to execute on the rebuild, which is never a sure thing.

The Cavs have traded well in the last few drafts which allowed them to trade some of their upcoming picks. That's the way to do it.

Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Mobley. Now they're trading Sexton for a better player to complement the other three.

People may forget that Sexton is a 20 ppg guy for his career. He averaged 24.3 ppg with 48/37/82 percentages in 20-21, his last healthy season. He's going to get a ton of buckets for the Jazz. Ideally, they draft well and Sexton takes over Clarkson's sixth man role.

Knicks again get left on the door step. Like Brunson, but looks like another "meh" season in MSG.

Seems like the Knicks could have made a trade like that but they wanted to keep Barrett and Grimes.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO.

No wings, which is bold in today's NBA, but still, pumped.

Back