• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread

I didn’t even bother checking the score after I stopped watch at halftime. Wow. Jokic did Jokic things. Gordon had 30/12. And they still lost to a team whose leading scorer was Amir Coffey.

I didn’t even bother checking the score after I stopped watch at halftime. Wow. Jokic did Jokic things. Gordon had 30/12. And they still lost to a team whose leading scorer was Amir Coffey.

best +/- on the clippers currently are Bledsoe and Coffey and we're .500 in the West

When you have a Hall of Famer, .500 is your floor

if your team is playing the nets in game 7, would you rather it be a home game and kyrie can play or an away game in Brooklyn where he can’t?

How many legit MVP candidates are there this season? I've got 9 in no particular order:

DeRozan
KD
Giannis
Embiid
CP3
Steph
Ja
Jokic
Lebron

Despite a horrific shooting night from LaMelo, the Hornets finally took down Embiid and his band of merry zebras in Philly. Embiid shot 14 FTs himself of the Sixers' 28, the Hornets as an entire team only shot 8. The best was when Drummond got fouled and Embiid went to the line and shot the FTs. The court mics also caught LaMelo yelling "that's some ho-ass shit" at Embiid after yet another of his cheap shots.

Hayward dropped 30 on 13-16 from the floor, Rozier added 22 and Bridges 21/8. 2 wins over the Bucks and then 1 at Philly in a row, I'll take it. Starting to click as we hit the home-heavy second half of the season.

Hawks trade Reddish to the Knicks for a 2022 Hornets protected 1st.

I don’t get it.

Hawks trade Reddish to the Knicks for a 2022 Hornets protected 1st.

I don’t get it.

They don't want to pay him. Cam is still just 90% flashes of potential, and with the team struggling this year they didn't want to be in a situation of just letting him walk for nothing after next year when they could get something now.

It sucks and I'm pissed, but I get it.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread

Well yeah I get that. So package Reddish and a first for a player who can help now (like Derrick White). Or come up with a bigger package and try to pry an unhappy player away.

And to the Knicks? Just fueling that rivalry.

Last edited:
Well yeah I get that. So package Reddish and a first for a player who can help now (like Derrick White). Or come up with a bigger package and try to pry an unhappy player away.

I think this overrates Cam's trade value. He wants a rookie extension this offseason and I still have no idea if he will actually, consistently live up to some of his potential. The Hawks also (in theory) don't really need to replace Cam with a contributor in the rotation. If De'Andre Hunter wasn't made of glass then he could (and should) absorb most of Cam's minutes.

Also, with the Hawks impending money issues with Trae and John's contracts, trading away picks is the opposite of what the plan seems to be. Get a 1st for a guy like Cam who is about to walk in FA and get a role player to replace Cam in the draft seems to be the plan. Essentially resetting the clock on FA and relying on hitting on draft picks.

And to the Knicks? Just fueling that rivalry.

I don't think the front office does (or should) give a single fuck about this part. It's hard for me to accept that this was the best deal on the table for Cam, but if it was then I do not care who it's from.

Despite a horrific shooting night from LaMelo, the Hornets finally took down Embiid and his band of merry zebras in Philly. Embiid shot 14 FTs himself of the Sixers' 28, the Hornets as an entire team only shot 8. The best was when Drummond got fouled and Embiid went to the line and shot the FTs. The court mics also caught LaMelo yelling "that's some ho-ass shit" at Embiid after yet another of his cheap shots.

Hayward dropped 30 on 13-16 from the floor, Rozier added 22 and Bridges 21/8. 2 wins over the Bucks and then 1 at Philly in a row, I'll take it. Starting to click as we hit the home-heavy second half of the season.

Congrats, first win in 17 attempts against the Sixers, love that for you

Doc fucking sucks. The 28th ranked Hornets defense and the Sixers couldn’t even get to 100. Borrega runs a ton of zone and the team was completely unprepared for it.

Good shooting night for the Celtics washouts and that was that.

Really hoping beyond all hope a Simmons and/or Tobias deal gets done, these Embiid 30 pt performances are not going to last.

Portis was just pissed the Hornets beat them down two games in a row and Melo is taking the spotlight from Giannis. Huge games from Rozier and Bridges, with PJ and even Plumlee playing some good D. Without T$ Papi last night, so a shorter rotation but it paid off even though the refs tried to give it to the Bucks on the last sequence with the 4-point play.

We've got the Sixers next though, which is 3 games in a row against the two biggest whining bitches in the league. If we can go 3-0 in three straight 8 on 5 games, it would set us up really well. Giannis had 20 FTs on Saturday, eclipsing Embiid's 19 against us from earlier in the season. I expect the refs tomorrow night will accept that challenge and send Embitch to the line 23 or 24 times.

The Hornets are so much fun this year.

Much more fun than the Hawks.

Doc fucking sucks. The 28th ranked Hornets defense and the Sixers couldn’t even get to 100. Borrega runs a ton of zone and the team was completely unprepared for it.

Really hoping beyond all hope a Simmons and/or Tobias deal gets done, these Embiid 30 pt performances are not going to last.

We've turned the corner, all downhill from here. One team is young, energetic, and on the rise, the other is old, plodding, and slow. That showed last night.

Nobody wants Simmons for anything more than a trashcan. Harris has some value for sure to somebody, but not enough to offset both his value and Simmons' perceived value as it relates to the team's objectives. They are getting close to the point of having to blow it all up and starting the process over again.

2&2 what's your take on why the Hornets can't/won't defend?

It starts with the lack of a true center. Plumlee is below average when he is in there, and they play half the game with PJ as a small-ball defensive 5 when in reality he is an offensive 4. The wings have to drop and help so much in the post against any halfway decent bigman that they get torched when the ball kicks back out, and if it is more than one ball rotation then they are truly fucked because, other than Cody Martin when he is in and to an extent Miles Bridges, nobody else is an above-average defender who rotates well enough to recover.

Rozier is an awful defender, though he gives good effort. LaMelo is a great off ball defender as indicated by his steals numbers, but on ball he still gambles too much and gets lost too easily as it gets late in the shot clock (though to his credit, this is really his first full year of being coached anywhere and he is improving). Oubre stinks on defense, Ish stinks on defense, and Hayward is average.

They have been playing slightly better lately, as evidenced by Townie's spouting off the 28th stat, when they were 30th forever it seemed. Baby steps. Also, they don't have to be perfect defensively. They've got the #1 offense in the East, if they could get the defense somewhere around 15th-20th it would be a strong combination. Borrego definitely recognizes that as it is all he constantly talks about, but it is easier said than done with this roster makeup. Long-term they are hoping Kai Jones fills that defensive center role, but currently he is way too thin and positionally raw. It will take him a few seasons to get there, but his athleticism and shotblocking are off the charts.

doc might be the most overrated coach in nba history

The interior defending is a joke. You can complain about refs all you want but Joel and Andre got to their spots effortlessly and then it was all arms. The zone was good but 90% of nba coaches would figure it out in a quarter in the playoffs and exploit it.

Back