• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

ESPN Trade Machine worked for this:

76ers get: Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley, Richard Holmes, Haliburton, and JRamsey
Pacers get: Harrison Barnes
Kings get: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, and Myles Turner.

You could flip Hield and Barnes and have Hield go to the Pacers and Barnes to the 76ers.

Morey has said he wants high level (all star) talent in return for Simmons. Which of the five guys you're sending to the Sixers will be on an all star team this season?

Morey is a moron. He should have taken a decent player and multiple picks awhile ago. Ben has been exposed as a limited player who doesn’t fit most if not all rosters.

Morey has said he wants high level (all star) talent in return for Simmons. Which of the five guys you're sending to the Sixers will be on an all star team this season?

This season is sort of a silly question, don't ya think?

But to answer your question - none. However, it is a pretty good haul.

PG: Haliburton, Maxey, Milton
SG: Curry, Hield, Korkmaz
SF: Barnes, Thybulle, Green
PF: Holmes, Niang
C: Embiid, Drummond

Or you have Bagley at backup PF and Thybulle/Green/Korkmaz figure out SF (which they are doing now).

Morey is a moron. He should have taken a decent player and multiple picks awhile ago. Ben has been exposed as a limited player who doesn’t fit most if not all rosters.

Ben Simmons is a bigger moron.

i'll bet most teams in the conference finals every year are top 10 in both.

last year:
suns: 7th O, 6th D
clips: 3rd O, 8th D
bucks: 5th O, 9th D
hawks: 9th O, 18th D*

*upset over the 13th O, 2nd D 76ers

thought this was interesting from a Ringer article:

On average, finalists had an average offensive ranking of 6.8 and an average defensive ranking of 7.0. All conference finalists exhibited the same pattern, with an average offensive ranking of 7.1 and an average defensive ranking of 7.5. In other words: Offensive production is just as important as defensive ability—if not more so—for teams that advance deep into the playoffs.

In summary, teams that are better at basketball make it further in the playoffs.

Not sure we've discussed this here, but the Forbes trade reminded me. The Nuggets leaked or revealed last week that they expect Murray and MPJ to be back by April 1 for the last 5 games of the regular season. The Nuggets are currently 6th. If they go into the playoffs with a healthy Murray and MPJ, they could be a force. Murray/Barton/MPJ/Gordon/Jokic is a damn good lineup but they'd have to get it together quickly especially if they drop to the play-in.

Last edited:

Ben Simmons is a bigger moron.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

This season is sort of a silly question, don't ya think?

But to answer your question - none. However, it is a pretty good haul.

PG: Haliburton, Maxey, Milton
SG: Curry, Hield, Korkmaz
SF: Barnes, Thybulle, Green
PF: Holmes, Niang
C: Embiid, Drummond

Or you have Bagley at backup PF and Thybulle/Green/Korkmaz figure out SF (which they are doing now).

OK, so which of the guys going to Philly in the hypothetical trade is better than Tobias Harris right now as a guy to play next to Joel Embiid?

OK, so which of the guys going to Philly in the hypothetical trade is better than Tobias Harris right now as a guy to play next to Joel Embiid?

For starters, Holmes can't play next to Embiid. Barnes, on the other hand, would be a nice fit and helps the contracts work.

I honestly don't know why any of these teams being discussed would help Daryl Morey out. Let Morey and Simmons continue to nuke whatever leverage either thought they had and then swoop in and get Simmons for peanuts after the Sixers lose in the 2nd round again.

I honestly don't know why any of these teams being discussed would help Daryl Morey out. Let Morey and Simmons continue to nuke whatever leverage either thought they had and then swoop in and get Simmons for peanuts after the Sixers lose in the 2nd round again.

Feels to me like you’ve set up Morey to fail in your mind no matter the outcome, and granted he’s kind of in a no win situation, but this seems a bit unfair. You aren’t getting the runner up DPOY in return for any trade. You aren’t getting a ball handler at 6’10” who can run the floor. And the window is now so you can’t take a risk and go after picks or a high upside young player. So you’ve gotta trade a limited player for a limited player, and anything short of championship is gonna reflect poorly on Morey when he didn’t manufacture this situation.

I just want it to end and get a good player while Embiid is this good.

Also lest it sound like I’m being overly defensive of Morey, idk why he has stuck with Doc or has a hard line about Ben or why we have partnered with shady metaverse and crypto companies. I’m certainly not thrilled with his tenure to date. Some obvious good moves like Seth for Josh Richardson but otherwise meh.

because you aren't competing with Morey but with the other teams that want Simmons

Feels to me like you’ve set up Morey to fail in your mind no matter the outcome, and granted he’s kind of in a no win situation, but this seems a bit unfair. You aren’t getting the runner up DPOY in return for any trade. You aren’t getting a ball handler at 6’10” who can run the floor. And the window is now so you can’t take a risk and go after picks or a high upside young player. So you’ve gotta trade a limited player for a limited player, and anything short of championship is gonna reflect poorly on Morey when he didn’t manufacture this situation.

I just want it to end and get a good player while Embiid is this good.

I don't have any influence over Darryl Morey's decisions or Sixers' personnel decisions, so I'm not sure that I'm setting anybody up to fail.

I think Darryl Morey is an arrogant asshole who is a lot less intelligent than he understands himself to be and will continue to make mind-boggingly stupid decisions that undercut his leverage as an executive - yes.

He's a smart guy who was in the right place at the right time (as was his innovative skill-set), but hasn't evolved and now he's in the world's stupidest game of chicken with his second star, to the point where that second star's value as a trade asset has plummeted. I agree with you that Simmons is good, but his value as a trade asset decreases every day he doesn't play or get traded. Morey doesn't seem to understand that.

Also, I'll say it again, but Doc Rivers sucks. He didn't have to throw Simmons under the bus after the Hawks loss. (Doc did the same shit in LA, using his public platform to erode Blake and DJ's confidence.) Simmons has problems, but Doc blew that, Morey doubled down, and now y'all won't get shit for Simmons.

because you aren't competing with Morey but with the other teams that want Simmons

yea but Simmons makes no sense in SAC or Indy

he adds to the glut of point guards who can't shoot in SAC and I can't imagine how ugly a Brogdon/Caris/BS backcourt would be Indy

there are plenty of teams that could use a player like Simmons - SAC and Indy aren't those teams, though

maybe Ben has been using this free time to work on his jumper

I know Boston would never do it but the closest thing to a “benefits both teams” trade I’ve seen is Ben for Jaylen

Back