• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Big winner in this is gonna be Giannis. Cause the whole world gonna root for the Bucks over Sixers/Nets

wonder how much post O Simmons will play given the roster construction

let's see what Nash can do here

Big winner in this is gonna be Giannis. Cause the whole world gonna root for the Bucks over Sixers/Nets

I don't think that changed from last year. Giannis remains the most likable star we've had in awhile. Embiid and KD are amazing but easy to root against. Harden and Simmons have always been easy to root against.

I don't think that changed from last year. Giannis remains the most likable star we've had in awhile. Embiid and KD are amazing but easy to root against. Harden and Simmons have always been easy to root against.

Steph Curry?

No one likes us
No one likes us
No one likes us we don’t care
We’re from Philly fuckin Philly
No one likes us we don’t care

On one hand Morey somehow pulled Harden out of a hat for Simmons. On the other, he went from requiring picks to giving up 2 and his best shooter. I think it needed to happen for both teams, but dang. I like this much better for Nets

What package would the Hornets have for Poeltl? The Spurs want a good player and a 1st for him. I'll think about Miles Bridges and a pick but Keldon Johnson should be at that level soon enough anyway.

The Spurs are a long way from contending, but they do have elite defenders at PG and C and both are scoring more now that they can't rely on DeRozan and Aldridge.

Sounds like the Spurs are insisting on PJ Washington, Kai Jones, and a 1st (I assume New Orleans') for Poetl. Kai Jones is the wildcard there, he could be a superstar ERP or out of the league in 4 years. I'm not sure if Kupchak pulls the trigger on that.

I think Seth Curry is a better fit for the 76ers than Harden. But I'm excited to watch for the aforementioned flop-off.

some of y'all acting like you didn't remember Harden has averaged at least 10 dimes a game for the last four years

Who's the last guy in his 30's and with as many miles as Harden has to have a sudden dramatic drop off in their shooting ability that then rebounded?

some of y'all acting like you didn't remember Harden averages 10 dimes a game

Dimes to who? Joe Harris and Kevin Durant aren't in Philly. They just traded their best shooter. Danny Green is as streaky as they come at this point, and the Maxeypad is not knocking them down. Thybulle is a joke on offense. All faith in Tobias? If the answer is moar kickouts to a hoisting Embiid, then the playoffs will be comedy gold.

Sounds like the Spurs are insisting on PJ Washington, Kai Jones, and a 1st (I assume New Orleans') for Poetl. Kai Jones is the wildcard there, he could be a superstar ERP or out of the league in 4 years. I'm not sure if Kupchak pulls the trigger on that.

I wouldn't like it but it's a decent trade. Poeltl is going to get a nice contract next year.

The Spurs traded Derrick White to the Celtics for Josh Richardson, Romeo Langford, and a top 4 protected 2022 first. Hell yes! Of course, I've got ESPN's trade deadline show on the background and they haven't mentioned it at all.

So right now, the Spurs have their own pick (projected #6), Celtics pick (#18), and Raptors (#20). And Derrick White's 4/70 is off the books through 2025. Wow. That frees up the money to pay Poeltl something in the 4/80 range.

I wouldn't like it but it's a decent trade. Poeltl is going to get a nice contract next year.

The Spurs traded Derrick White to the Celtics for Josh Richardson, Romeo Langford, and a top 4 protected 2022 first. Hell yes! Of course, I've got ESPN's trade deadline show on the background and they haven't mentioned it at all.

So right now, the Spurs have their own pick (projected #6), Celtics pick (#18), and Raptors (#20). And Derrick White's 4/70 is off the books through 2025. Wow. That frees up the money to pay Poeltl something in the 4/80 range.

I love what the Spurs are doing. Prove once again why the are one of best FO in NBA

Ignoring the previous 3 seasons, where this looks much better for the Sixers with the Harden stats, just this season:

Curry -0.9 BPM, 0.4 VORP, -0.7 RAPTOR
Drummond 1.4 BPM, 0.8 VORP, 1.8 RAPTOR
Simmons 0 0 0 0 0

Harden 4.0 BPM, 2.5 VORP, 1.6 RAPTOR
Millsap -3.1 BPM, 0.1 VORP, NA

I tend to think Harden will recover from his hamstring fairly quickly, but Simmons getting back up to game speed will take more time. And if he couldn't deal with Embiid, IDK how he's gonna deal with Durant and Kyrie.

Dimes to who? Joe Harris and Kevin Durant aren't in Philly. They just traded their best shooter. Danny Green is as streaky as they come at this point, and the Maxeypad is not knocking them down. Thybulle is a joke on offense. All faith in Tobias? If the answer is moar kickouts to a hoisting Embiid, then the playoffs will be comedy gold.

maxey is shooting 40% from 3, what are you talking about?

plus harden can run a 2 man game with embiid, that doesn't just have to be embiid sitting on the perimeter

Presuming Kyrie doesn't implode, the Nets have no excuse to not win the whole thing with this line-up. I don't care what seed they are.

Back