• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

This Mavs team reminds me a lot of last years Hawks team. I dont think they are quite ready for a championship but I dont think anybody wants to play them in a series

This Mavs team reminds me a lot of last years Hawks team. I dont think they are quite ready for a championship but I dont think anybody wants to play them in a series

Ty Lue is always ready for a Mavs series

[h=1]Giannis, Jokic, Embiid and an NBA MVP race for the ages; scouting LSU’s Tari Eason: Hollinger’s Week That Was[/h]
https://theathletic.com/3167733/202...ing-lsus-tari-eason-hollingers-week-that-was/

That is all well and good, but tough to compare them to prior years as "runaway" leaders given the FT disparity that 2 of the 3 get from the refs under today's rules. Giannis averages 11.73 FTAs per game, and Embiid averages 11.31. The next highest player is Harden down at 8.10, and Jokic is at 5.83. Both Giannis' and Embiid's rates extrapolated over an entire 82-game season would make them easily the most in the modern era other than the intentional hack-a-Shaq phenomenon.

Jokic is the clear choice, if for nothing else than not rewarding Giannis and Embiid for attempting to flop their way to a trophy.

Jokic is my pick if the season ended today, but I think Embiid gets it to avoid a retread

Jokic is my pick if the season ended today, but I think Embiid gets it to avoid a retread

Same. Also, he may not stay this healthy throughout a whole season to play enough games to earn the MVP.

re: Embiid and fouls, I do think he makes a lot of moves that he knows are likely to result in a foul instead of a bucket, but he is also getting fouled as he is just huge and skilled

it's not my favorite to watch as a neutral fan, but I respect the effectiveness -- similar to Harden

Sixers are for real, but I'd rather watch most any other good team in the East for basketball purposes

A weird observation from this year's Sixers is that the team comes out flat a LOT. One of the Brett Brown post-Process years this was an issue, the team thought it could sleepwalk through the regular season and ramp it up with effort and hustle in the playoffs. Now, when the team really applies itself on defense, it's one of the best in the game, but it feels like that doesn't happen until the third quarter most games, when the Sixers have recently turned it around and either extended a close lead into a comfortable one or cut into an opponent's lead for a battle in the 4th. IDK if that's a Doc strategy, a fault inherent to the Sixers, or what, but lack of defensive effort has been a consistent theme all season. Guys like Tobias and Furkan are especially prone to this, and it's incongruent to see other teams switching all five positions or applying full court pressure or switching up zone looks and then watching Tobias utterly refuse to close out. It's why I think (apart from just being very aggressive) Matisse gets called for so many fouls: on a team barely trying for quarters at a time on defense, he's out there flying over screens and getting his hand into every passing lane.

don't know if it was a one-off thing, but the biggest weakness for the Xers last night was rebounding, especially when Embiid was out

Think that's a Doc thing, he wants one guy going after boards and everyone else getting back on D or starting the break. Sixers are last in the league in rebounding, in spite of putting out some pretty tall and athletic lineups.

jokic is far away and the mvp - he deserves the award again

a jokic / embiid playoff matchup would be a lot of fun

man, I love Russ -- this is hard to watch
Same. Just watched the 4 and a half minute interview question about his kids and such. Westbrook is a real one and I always appreciate his candor. But no way is the sports world going to respond with anything other than "man up"

Same. Just watched the 4 and a half minute interview question about his kids and such. Westbrook is a real one and I always appreciate his candor. But no way is the sports world going to respond with anything other than "man up"

I think its absolutely bonkers that he and his family are getting death threats. And I cant imagine the shit his kids deal with at school. And none of that is cool

At the same time I dont know why he thinks that interview is going to make any opposing fans do anything for the rst of the season other than chant "Westbrick". It is kind of like Booker and the Raptors mascot. Now opposing mascots troll him

Back