• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

GM Lebron is not a good GM.

Also, what the Spurs did/continue to do is remarkable. The roster overall, playing Primo now, Bates-Diop getting buckets --- Pop deserves some COY love.

The Lakers are pretty screwed for the foreseeable future since they traded all their young players and draft capital for a bunch of older players in decline. AD does not have what it takes to lead the team, so he will be stuck there in purgatory unless he tries to force his way out again. The only thing the Lakers can do is trade AD or LeBron, but LeBron may want to ride out the rest of his career in LA until his son is drafted, if that even happens.

Proud of the Spurs though. No one thought they had a chance at making the playoffs, but here they are.

unfortunately, i disagree (at least for next season). the lakers were probably the best team in the league last year when healthy (granted, that's a big if) because they had good role players who played tough defense. they went mind numbingly dumb this past offseason, but if they learn their lesson i think there are enough dudes who will want to join them to put together a good team around LeBron and AD. not sure what deals exist to dump westbrook, though.

unfortunately, i disagree (at least for next season). the lakers were probably the best team in the league last year when healthy (granted, that's a big if) because they had good role players who played tough defense. they went mind numbingly dumb this past offseason, but if they learn their lesson i think there are enough dudes who will want to join them to put together a good team around LeBron and AD. not sure what deals exist to dump westbrook, though.

Don't see any future for the Lakers as presently constituted. LeBron will be a year older. Anthony Davis is increasingly injury prone. Westbrook and Anthony are done. After that, they have Malik Monk and garbage. They have no 1st round pick this year, and the Pelicans have options on the Lakers 1st picks through 2025. FWIW, would be predictable for LeBron to see the writing on the wall and force his way out of town. The Lakers may overhaul their entire front-office. They are back to rebuild mode.

LeBron got his bubble title in 2020. Kudos. Other that that (and that is a big "other"), the Lakers with LeBron missed the playoffs twice, and lost in the first round once. Considering more than half the league makes the playoffs and at least half the teams that don't make the playoffs are tanking, that is terrible. Lakers are dead.

“Enough dudes” didn’t work this year.

Guys, the Spurs are 34-45. Let's, ugh, calm down a little.

i guess i should have clarified that i mean players who are competent role players. in retrospect (and i think it was kinda clear at the time), the guys they brought in this offseason were just awful fits and terrible defensively. i would call the lakers supporting case historically bad. i think it's plausible for them to update that to mediocre.

example: trade westbrook + THT to the knicks for randle, fournier and burks. that even further mortgages the future but i think would help the lakers a lot next season

bill simmons had an interesting question on his podcast... would the sixers have been better off just trading simmons for cj mccollum 2 months ago vs the harden trade?
It's not as absurd a question as some on here are making it out to be.

McCollum at $30-35M for 3 seasons, or (assuming he signs the max extension) 33 year-old Harden at $55-60M per year for 4 years after this one, as well as losing Seth Curry, Drummond, and 2 1sts.

i guess i should have clarified that i mean players who are competent role players. in retrospect (and i think it was kinda clear at the time), the guys they brought in this offseason were just awful fits and terrible defensively. i would call the lakers supporting case historically bad. i think it's plausible for them to update that to mediocre.

example: trade westbrook + THT to the knicks for randle, fournier and burks. that even further mortgages the future but i think would help the lakers a lot next season

I get that it is the Knicks, but why the hell would they do that?

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Losing Time: The Fall of the Lakers Dynasty

Why would the Lakers want Randle back? They let him go. Why would the Knicks want Westbrook?

Guys, the Spurs are 34-45. Let's, ugh, calm down a little.

The Spurs are 5+ games over projections and almost on par with last season with a much younger roster, an All-Star, a developing young core (Keldon averaging 20/6 since the start of Feb), three 1sts rounders and #38, and bunch of tradable contracts.

We should be excited. The roster went from old and boring to young and exciting without sacrificing wins.

It's not as absurd a question as some on here are making it out to be.

McCollum at $30-35M for 3 seasons, or (assuming he signs the max extension) 33 year-old Harden at $55-60M per year for 4 years after this one, as well as losing Seth Curry, Drummond, and 2 1sts.

big if

next two seasons of harden vs next three of mccollum is a way different discussion

I get that it is the Knicks, but why the hell would they do that?

the knicks don’t want westbrook and the lakers don’t want randle.

the knicks want/need to get out of randle and fourniers contract. they probably would/should buy our westbrook if they got him.

the lakers need to get rid of westbrook and get a player like burks. fournier would be an okay add. randles contract is the cost.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Losing Time: The Fall of the Lakers Dynasty

Is Randle’s contract extension that bad? He’d be a nice piece for the right team where he doesn’t have to be the best player but can be a reliable 2nd or 3rd scorer and 2nd creator. It’s paying him from 27 to 31 so his prime. He’s a borderline all-star and getting paid like one.

No clue what to do with Westbrook. He’s 33 and he’s not done.

Last edited:
Is Randle’s contract extension that bad? He’d be a nice piece for the right team where he doesn’t have to be the best player but can be a reliable 2nd or 3rd scorer and 2nd creator. It’s paying him from 27 to 31 so his prime. He’s a borderline all-star and getting paid like one.

No clue what to do with Westbrook. He’s 33 and he’s not done.

Is there any evidence Randle can be a good piece if he is not getting the ball the way he did last year with the Knicks? He can't play defense, I don't think he is much of a spot up shooter, and he's basically a ball-stopper. That doesn't sound like a good 2nd or 3rd scorer.

I am not sure the allure of playing with LeBron will be enough for serviceable players to want to play for the minimum in LA. LeBron is becoming increasingly injury prone and we all know AD gets hurt nearly every game. I don't think the Lakers roster is anywhere close to where it needs to be to be competitive next year, and they don't have many pieces they can trade

I don't think LeBron forces his way out. I think he stays in LA until Bronnie gets drafted, if that ever happens.

Is there any evidence Randle can be a good piece if he is not getting the ball the way he did last year with the Knicks? He can't play defense, I don't think he is much of a spot up shooter, and he's basically a ball-stopper. That doesn't sound like a good 2nd or 3rd scorer.

yeah, it’s looking like last year was a fluke season for him. i’ve barely watched the knicks play but his numbers are horrible (esp advanced stats) and the knicks fans i do hear from (mostly random twitter people) seem super down on him. looking like one of the worst contracts in the league i think.

Back