• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Kawhi Leonard says hello.

They traded for Kawhi on draft day. Even if you count Kawhi, it's not a great track record. The Kings (Cousins, Isaiah Thomas) and Hornets (Kemba, LaMelo) have two as well. And by counting Kawhi, you're saying they could have traded up to get good players in any draft but they didn't.

They traded for Kawhi on draft day. Even if you count Kawhi, it's not a great track record. The Kings (Cousins, Isaiah Thomas) and Hornets (Kemba, LaMelo) have two as well. And by counting Kawhi, you're saying they could have traded up to get good players in any draft but they didn't.

Wouldn't it be more likely that the Spurs targeted Kawhi in that draft or requested that the Pacers draft him in exchange for the trade?

Wouldn't it be more likely that the Spurs targeted Kawhi in that draft or requested that the Pacers draft him in exchange for the trade?

Sure. That's what draft day trades are.

That was cool that Pop got another gold medal too (2 Golds and 1 Olympic Bronze).

Been mediocre for 5 years now. That run with these guys was epic, but so long ago now:

T Parker --- hall of fame
Manu --- hall of fame
Danny Green in prime
Kawhi --- top 75, so I guess also hall of fame
Duncan --- top 12 of all time

Splitter, Diaw, Patty Mills

He should turn it over to Hammon, I agree. Let her run the re-build.

Last edited:
Rumor that the Murray deal may get expanded if the Hornets decide they want to move on from Bridges, as Gallo can't be traded until 7/8 so there is time to work on it. JC would go to the Hornets, with a combo of Oubre, Plumlee, and some picks going to ATL and SAS.

Rumor that the Murray deal may get expanded if the Hornets decide they want to move on from Bridges, as Gallo can't be traded until 7/8 so there is time to work on it. JC would go to the Hornets, with a combo of Oubre, Plumlee, and some picks going to ATL and SAS.

Whoa. That would be huge

This spurs donk has zero interest in having to root for a plumlee.

I assumed the whole reason for not rebuilding with the Kawhi trade was so Pop wouldn't go out on a rebuild.

No idea what Pop is going to do. Maybe he'll go out like his career started, tanking for a #1 pick.

By the way, Becky Hammon and the Las Vegas Aces have the best record in the WNBA at 14-5 (along with the defending champ Sky). She'll be coaching Team A'ja Wilson in the All-Star game.

The WNBA Finals end around the time preseason starts. She could step down from the Aces and be back on the Spurs staff and be anointed coach-in-waiting.

I wouldn't expect her to be "coach-in-waiting" very long. Like weeks, maybe a few months. Pop will engineer his retirement so the job is hers.

I wouldn't expect her to be "coach-in-waiting" very long. Like weeks, maybe a few months. Pop will engineer his retirement so the job is hers.

Does Pop even have to do that? Would think at this point, he can just pick his successor.

if the plan is to hand off to Hammon, perhaps the motivation is to work through the “ground zero” part of the rebuild so she’s better set up for success? Or maybe it’s love of the game

It's been quiet on the Ayton front, this might be why? Ayton/Bridges for KD gogogo

KD requests to be traded. That blew up quickly.

I would expect the Hawks to offer up something like JC, Huerter, maybe Griffin, and whatever stray picks they have left.

I think the Nets would want good players and a pick.

Memphis and Phoenix would be the best choice for KD among teams that could do it and contend for a championship.

Last edited:
I would from a story perspective love KD to go back to OKC. Its like the only place he could go at this point without huge pushback

I would from a story perspective love KD to go back to OKC. Its like the only place he could go at this point without huge pushback

Definitely. And they have the assets to make it happen. I'd love it if they used those assets to bring back KD and whoever he wanted to play with and give us a SGA, Giddey, KD, Bazley, Chet starting lineup.

Last edited:
I'd got to remember to avoid June 30 deadlines.

Back