• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Yeah, but Miami isn't what it used to be, and Oregon is easily the better football school now. Nothing worse than being at a once great but now declining football school with unrealistically high expectations.

I don’t know a lot about Miami but I can’t imagine their facilities can compete with Oregon. That Nike $ goes a long way.

I don’t know a lot about Miami but I can’t imagine their facilities can compete with Oregon. That Nike $ goes a long way.

Unless they've had recent upgrades, Miami has always had poor facilities. And yeah, Oregon has to be 1 of the sweetest gigs in the country - high profile program without Texas sized unrealistic expectations.

Unless they've had recent upgrades, Miami has always had poor facilities. And yeah, Oregon has to be 1 of the sweetest gigs in the country - high profile program without Texas sized unrealistic expectations.

I've heard Miami's facilities aren't great, but they are also in Coral Gables. They don't need a massive indoor practice facility like most FBS programs. Miami's facilities issue is where they play their football games. The Canes play in Hard Rock stadium where they are the 2nd string tenant at Hard Rock stadium behind the Dolphins. Hard Rock is north of Miami about 20 miles from campus. It's just not a college football atmosphere; it's more like a knock off pro league atmosphere. When Miami was "the" football program, they could get over the lack of true home stadium issue, but now, they are behind everyone in college football in where they play their games.

For those who were wondering, Florida's football facilities have needed help for awhile, but they're opening a new $85 million facility in spring of 2022.

I've heard Miami's facilities aren't great, but they are also in Coral Gables. They don't need a massive indoor practice facility like most FBS programs. Miami's facilities issue is where they play their football games. The Canes play in Hard Rock stadium where they are the 2nd string tenant at Hard Rock stadium behind the Dolphins. Hard Rock is north of Miami about 20 miles from campus. It's just not a college football atmosphere; it's more like a knock off pro league atmosphere. When Miami was "the" football program, they could get over the lack of true home stadium issue, but now, they are behind everyone in college football in where they play their games.

Yeah I can’t imagine what it’s like for students to go to games. When my sister was a student there we went to a game at the old OB and you had to take the Metrorail for a bit then get on a bus. That was a pain in the ass then and much worse now.

and the Pac-12 is easy peasy lemon squeezy

wolpfack's super bowl against the holes on Friday.

Have to think that Mack will have the holes up for this one after the OT loss at pitt in the squall.

wolpfack's super bowl against the holes on Friday.

Have to think that Mack will have the holes up for this one after the OT loss at pitt in the squall.

Absolutely, gotta get next season’s preseason top 10 campaign started ASAP!

Also big time overlap in your care of college football recruiting and your lack of graduating/attending college.

Sciba not a finalist for the Lou Groza. What a joke. I can see the Michigan guy over Sciba, but the OU and tOSU guys don't make much sense, especially given the total body of work.

Sciba not a finalist for the Lou Groza. What a joke. I can see the Michigan guy over Sciba, but the OU and tOSU guys don't make much sense, especially given the total body of work.

It's ok. That just means he is going to make the game winner Saturday up in Boston.

the osu guy has a better make percentage on a better team so seems pretty unsurprising.

the ou guy has a lot more misses but also 5 from 50+ -- i would rather have a kicker like sciba, but both those guys over sciba seem pretty defensible.

maybe the snub will be the inspiration sciba needs to come back to school

That's really hard to believe, especially with us ranked.

feel like a lot of the special team awards are judged using pretty lazy criteria

OSU guy number one among kickers in points scored, probably has something to do with it

if the award criteria factors in kickoffs then I think it's impossible to make a case for Sciba unless you're pushing for a lifetime achievement acknowledgement

I just have an awful feeling that both State and Wake lose this week and allow a mediocre Clemson team to back their way into the ACCCG. Hope we take care of business because seeing either State or Clemson there in our place would be an absolute kick to the dick after this season.

Fuck all the talking heads, the AP poll, the coaches poll, ESPN. In the end 4 ACC teams in the top 25 CFP. SEC 5.Big10 5. And more elimination to come. And if Swofford hadn't screwed the pooch on the ND deal ACC would have 5.

Back