• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

the osu guy has a better make percentage on a better team so seems pretty unsurprising.

the ou guy has a lot more misses but also 5 from 50+ -- i would rather have a kicker like sciba, but both those guys over sciba seem pretty defensible.

maybe the snub will be the inspiration sciba needs to come back to school

Brkic at OU has been garbage the last few games. Missed 2 FGs against Baylor and a 25 yard chip shot against ISU. He had been money and from distance up until then. He had 3 50+ yarders in the opener and another in the next game, so 4 FGs of 50+ right out of the gate will tend to get you on lists.

Sciba is great, but he hasn't hit anything from over 50 yards in his career.

On July 4, 2021 if you had said to me that the Deacs would be #18 heading into the final regular season game I would have said, "I hope your fantastic prediction is right because we're likely playing to get into a championship game!"

Lots of interesting games this weekend.

I'm really eyeing this Clemson -11.5 at South Carolina.

South Carolina is bowl eligible and playing at home, and Clemson is 3-8 ATS. Also, I'm watching the game Saturday night with a bunch of Gamecock fans.

thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Tuesday, Drinkwitz was on 1010XL in Jacksonville to talk about Missouri's win. He was asked about getting the last Star Wars word on Saturday evening and had this to say about Mullen:

"My father-in-law is a farmer and there’s an old saying you reap what you sow. And I believe that just like everything else, yeah if you sow kindness, you reap kindness. If you sow jackass-ability, you get jackass-ability. I’ve done my fair share of jabbing people and know that it’ll come back to you so I think it’s just part of the game."

Hey, remember when we used to end the season playing Vandy? That sure was a hoot.

Hey, remember when we used to end the season playing Vandy? That sure was a hoot.

Along those lines, Duke hosts Miami to end the Devils season. Miami fans never travel well, but the few fans that do travel aren't heading to Durham to watch their 6-5 Canes play over Thanksgiving weekend. If teams kept true attendance numbers, Saturday's Miami at Duke football game might be the most sparsely attended non-quarantine Power V football game in history. Not counting parents, wonder if 500 people will attend. 500 is probably optimistic.

Along those lines, Duke hosts Miami to end the Devils season. Miami fans never travel well, but the few fans that do travel aren't heading to Durham to watch their 6-5 Canes play over Thanksgiving weekend. If teams kept true attendance numbers, Saturday's Miami at Duke football game might be the most sparsely attended non-quarantine Power V football game in history. Not counting parents, wonder if 500 people will attend. 500 is probably optimistic.

You've got to believe that a Wake-Duke game would draw better no matter the circumstances.

Since joining the ACC, I've enjoyed seeing all the maroon in the stands when VT plays at Duke. Probably going to have a lot of maroon here too on Saturday.

The Wake Duke game a few years ago when Daniel Jones got whooped has something to say about the worst attended game ever. It was really really bad.

I went to the Duke Louisville game last week just because someone I knew someone who had free tix and it was something to do. My god was it a sad sight. Of course, I found it absolutely hilarious. Surprised if the ACC commissioner hasn't already contacted the Duke athletic department regarding that embarrassment to the conference on national TV, granted I'm not sure what can be done.

Yes, 500 not counting family will be very optimistic this weekend for them.

I went to the Duke Louisville game last week just because someone I knew someone who had free tix and it was something to do. My god was it a sad sight. Of course, I found it absolutely hilarious. Surprised if the ACC commissioner hasn't already contacted the Duke athletic department regarding that embarrassment to the conference on national TV, granted I'm not sure what can be done.

Yes, 500 not counting family will be very optimistic this weekend for them.

I saw some of that game and it was pretty bad. Our shitty local HS football team gets better attendance.

The Wake Duke game a few years ago when Daniel Jones got whooped has something to say about the worst attended game ever. It was really really bad.

Yet a Giants scout attended and said “This is our guy.”

Yet they are 7-5. This is why the AAC is not equivalent to a P5 conference and why Cincy’s record shouldn’t matter.

Back