• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Imagine if Saban threatened to retire unless the Alabama Senators voted for the voting rights act. He probably has more sway in that state than either of those two. I would pity the poor hill staffers answering calls like its the Paul Finebaum show with all the fans trying to get the Senators to change their vote. The power of Saban's political sway would be unstoppable.

but maybe Tubberville would be ok with that?

Imagine if Saban threatened to retire unless the Alabama Senators voted for the voting rights act. He probably has more sway in that state than either of those two. I would pity the poor hill staffers answering calls like its the Paul Finebaum show with all the fans trying to get the Senators to change their vote. The power of Saban's political sway would be unstoppable.

Nah, they'd tell him to fuck off and retire.

Now, if the actual players announced they weren't going to a certain school because of the politics of the state, that would be a different story. Like if players started going to Oregon instead of Alabama or something like that. But ultimately, the talent is in the South and that's where the kids want to go to school.

BTW, Kayvon Thibodeaux is an idiot.

but maybe Tubberville would be ok with that?

From a quick google, 53% of people in Alabama are Alabama fans while 34% are Auburn fans. I think Tubberville wouldn't want to piss off that 53%. Most people in Alabama probably care more wining another national championship than they do about the Voting Rights Act.

These are the types of fantasies that liberal college football fans dream up during the off-season.

Of course, for the time being, Georgia has more Democrat senators than the rest of the South combined, approximately.

Clinging to the dream that WF drops the Liberty (or Vandy or Army) OOC game, and picks up a national TV neutral field game against a high-profile Power V program. Realize that its not happening, but it's a little deflating that WF will likely go into next season ranked and with buzz, and our OOC schedule is: Liberty, Army, Vandy and VMI. Gag.

If the ACC knows what they're doing, they'll address that by scheduling Clemson-Wake for Week 4.

Clinging to the dream that WF drops the Liberty (or Vandy or Army) OOC game, and picks up a national TV neutral field game against a high-profile Power V program. Realize that its not happening, but it's a little deflating that WF will likely go into next season ranked and with buzz, and our OOC schedule is: Liberty, Army, Vandy and VMI. Gag.

Unfortunately, those neutral site games are normally announced at least 3-4 years in advance (and are usually being discussed between the schools and/or ESPN well before they are announced). About the fastest turnaround I've ever seen was the Georgia/Clemson game this past year, which was announced in February 2020 (about 18 months ahead of time).

I'm just amazed Wake Forest inked up Liberty University when, at the time, it was led by a known scumbag in Jerry Falwell Jr. Got nothing to do with the Christofascists that run it now. He was just a low rent scumbag.

This fan just wants to help out Shane Beamer with his recruiting.

Message Board Geniuses just posted that and I'm afraid that Terry is about to learn a little about the power of Twitter.

This fan just wants to help out Shane Beamer with his recruiting.

It’s the obviously dumb ones who think they’re part of a master race.

Last edited:
50a23c09508127826398e167d11dd9db.jpg

Iowa did have a pretty good OL this year.

But so did Georgia and Alabama.

Back