• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Pitt is currently favored to win the coastal, and they’ve yet to play an ACC game.

I honestly thought UVA should have let Miami score a touchdown with 2 minutes left and get the ball back because it never dawned on me that a college kicker could miss a FG that easy.

I honestly thought UVA should have let Miami score a touchdown with 2 minutes left and get the ball back because it never dawned on me that a college kicker could miss a FG that easy.

I was thinking the same thing.

Miami should have kept running it. No way was VA stopping them!

Nah, that could never happen with a Wake Forest kicker at Clemson in 2011 to go up 31-21 and have a direct line to the ACC championship game. Alas, the Miami kicker last night missed from about 34 yards.

Our pitiful kicker missed from about 24 yards. I recall the ball was spotted on the 6 or 7 yard line.

At Clemson. We have not sniffed competitive against them since.

Miami v. FSU is shaping up to be a pretty even matchup.

The crown jewel of the ACC schedule, the annual preview of the ACC Championship.

The crown jewel of the ACC schedule, the annual preview of the ACC Championship.

Why the used to put it on Labor Day to give the loser time to recover to be back in the national championship picture

Miami pulls the same act every year:

Early hype about how the swag is back
People remembering the Cane glory years jump on the bandwagon
The media buys in to the point where Miami is ranked and the favorite to make the ACCCG (how ridiculous was it that Bama v. Miami was treated like a significant game; should've been treated like Bama v. Duke)
Miami collapses and is fighting Duke and GT to stay out of the cellar of ACC Coastal Standings

The biggest reason why the ACC set up these stupid divisions was the need to put Miami and FSU in separate divisions with the expectation that the ACCCG championship game would annually pit the Canes v. Noles with the winner going to the CFP (that why the early versions of the ACCCG were always played in front of 15,000 people in Florida with two non-Florida teams playing each other). How is that working out? With that idea dispelled, wish the ACC would go to a pod system, with WF, State, Duke and UNC in the same pod. Makes too much sense.

Last edited:
Totally up in the air, but still think UNC will win the Coastal. They need to run the table (WF is not an ACC game), and they need VT to lose three conference games (VT gets a big break by playing Cuse as their cross-over opponent). Iffy, but that division is a pillow fight.

Totally up in the air, but still think UNC will win the Coastal. They need to run the table (WF is not an ACC game), and they need VT to lose three conference games (VT gets a big break by playing Cuse as their cross-over opponent). Iffy, but that division is a pillow fight.
You think UNC is gonna win at Pittsburgh and state?

You think UNC is gonna win at Pittsburgh and state?

I do. Of course, UNC could lose both. Hope UNC loses out. UNC was banged up and young at the skill positions outside of Howell to start the year. Think they will improve. Pitt has no homefield advantage, and W. Michigan and Tennessee tore up their defense. Not sure how good State really is. USF is a dumpster fire, and State played the same game against Clemson that GT did. Amazing to me how people are giving State a pass for getting dominated by Mississippi State. Mississippi State is mediocre team, and they toyed with NC State.

The biggest reason why the ACC set up these stupid divisions was the need to put Miami and FSU in separate divisions with the expectation that the ACCCG championship game would annually pit the Canes v. Noles with the winner going to the CFP (that why the early versions of the ACCCG were always played in front of 15,000 people in Florida with two non-Florida teams playing each other). How is that working out? With that idea dispelled, wish the ACC would go to a pod system, with WF, State, Duke and UNC in the same pod. Makes too much sense.

How would a pod system work?

How would a pod system work?

Need 16 teams, but four 4 team pods that get paired with the other three divisions so that each ACC team plays their 3 most geographically aligned rivals every year, and each ACC team plays every other ACC team at least once every three years. The current system is so odd and random. WF and Pitt have been in the same conference for over a decade, and WF has never played at Pitt. Doesn't even feel like we are in the same league.

Miami pulls the same act every year:

Early hype about how the swag is back
People remembering the Cane glory years jump on the bandwagon
The media buys in to the point where Miami is ranked and the favorite to make the ACCCG (how ridiculous was it that Bama v. Miami was treated like a significant game; should've been treated like Bama v. Duke)
Miami collapses and is fighting Duke and GT to stay out of the cellar of ACC Coastal Standings

Their game against is Alabama was so funny. The first few plays of that game, Miami was prancing around with that old school "U" swagger, but that disappeared really quick after they quickly realized Bama was on another level. I think Miami would be better off if the didn't consistently try to get back to the old days of attitude, bling and swagger and start trying to be a tough, fundamental, hard working and humble program. I mean they can be losing pretty bad and if they force a meaningless turnover they go nuts getting their photos with the turnover belt and other bling. "Oh, I just picked off the other team's 3rd string QB, look at me, look at me!!!!!!"

Back