• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Definitely part of it. The power schools (Clemson, Bama, tOSU) lost their best players to the NFL like they always do. "Developmental Programs" (really don't like that term, but every WF football game TV announcer loves to use that phrase talking about WF) retained many of their best players and were allowed to expand their rosters. For some programs, the ability to keep super seniors narrowed the gap. Not saying that WF is on par with the schools, but the gap is as small as it has ever been.

on the flip side, the transfer rules allowed good programs to reload more easily

Definitely part of it. The power schools (Clemson, Bama, tOSU) lost their best players to the NFL like they always do. "Developmental Programs" (really don't like that term, but every WF football game TV announcer loves to use that phrase talking about WF) retained many of their best players and were allowed to expand their rosters. For some programs, the ability to keep super seniors narrowed the gap. Not saying that WF is on par with the schools, but the gap is as small as it has ever been.

I've had similar thoughts. The "developmental" programs have super seniors starting and the juniors who would have replaced them in normal years are quality depth/backups this year.

One of the big differences between Wake and top tier programs has been the drop in experience and ability between the 1's, 2's and 3's. This year Clawson has commented that those gaps are smaller than ever at Wake.

I think he has said Wake has 10 playable D-line guts. Hemphill can rotate them so they can go real hard, then get a breather and the subs are near equivalent in skill skill.

I rarely hear the term “developmental” during other games. I assume they get that directly from the SID or Clawson himself.

Hopefully he can sell kids on playing 4 games as a freshman then eventually starting and playing 60-70% of snaps in a legit 3-deep lineup while winning 9+ games a year.

Miami’s backup QB is out too.

I rarely hear the term “developmental” during other games. I assume they get that directly from the SID or Clawson himself.

Hopefully he can sell kids on playing 4 games as a freshman then eventually starting and playing 60-70% of snaps in a legit 3-deep lineup while winning 9+ games a year.

Miami’s backup QB is out too.

I feel like I hear it all of the time this year. Have heard it all week about Maryland and the rebuild there (as they prepare to play #5 Iowa). It seems to be more of a talking point about teams that are usually just OK and now having a good start. Having a newer coach helps, too. The context for it being used (by Scott Van Pelt today about Maryland) was it is Mike Locksley's 3rd year. He not only has most of his players in, but he's had time to fill in some depth around his initial recruiting classes.

But I agree... I'm sure it's something the coaches/AD probably discuss.

Gotta love how the announcers are pretending Virginia didn't get whooped last week. Same narrative about Armstrong as last week.

Gotta love how the announcers are pretending Virginia didn't get whooped last week. Same narrative about Armstrong as last week.

I'm sure he's a good kid. But the hype for Armstrong, the QB of a 2-2 team, is becoming nauseating.

Bronco Mendenhall looks perpetually bored/confused.

I wonder if UNC fans feel offended that Miami has diamonds in their end zone. Because that seems to be something UNC fans would get offended about.

Bronco looks like a zombie. Someone forgot to rub in the sunscreen and his face is a strange color.

Bronco Mendenhall looks perpetually bored/confused.

I wonder if UNC fans feel offended that Miami has diamonds in their end zone. Because that seems to be something UNC fans would get offended about.

Diamonds are pretty common or at least used to be.

Virginia just had a crazy td catch. Looked like a sure INT but it bounced around off bodies before the Virginia wideout caught it one handed while sitting down.

God Miami sucks at life.

Bust out the turnover chain !!!!

Give up a TD, unsportsmanlike penalty, give up 2 pt conversion.

27-13 UVA

manny diaz sucks out loud. i hope they give him a lifetime contract.

manny diaz sucks out loud. i hope they give him a lifetime contract.

He’s gone. They’ll probably make a hard push for Mario Christobal.

A friend who works at the U said the president is doing some reorganization to give him better oversight over athletics.

Wow. That was hilarious. Miami donked a last second FG after soaking over 5 min of clock.

Back