• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Future opponent Army is 4-0 with wins over Georgia State, Western Kentucky, UCONN, and Miami (OH). They play Ball State next week, then have a bye before their big stretch at Wisconsin, Wake, and at Air Force.

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Clemson, UNC-CH Go Down, ACC In Disarray !!!!!

Bresee out for the year - Torn ACL. Wouldn’t be surprised if Shipley has the same diagnosis. Really hate that for those 2 promising young guys.

ETA: Shipley just announced to be out 3-4 weeks. Good to hear.

Last edited:
Future opponent Army is 4-0 with wins over Georgia State, Western Kentucky, UCONN, and Miami (OH). They play Ball State next week, then have a bye before their big stretch at Wisconsin, Wake, and at Air Force.

Looking ahead on the schedule Army looks more imposing than a few of our conference games.

Looking ahead on the schedule Army looks more imposing than a few of our conference games.

Every team we play going forward is 4-0 or 3-1 except 2-2 Clemson and UNC.

Not really. More of an argument against preseason rankings.

No, more of an argument of at least playing decent BCS/CFP type teams instead of Norfolk States of the world. This schedule and beating a downtrodden FSU then UVa [who by the way has a D that had allowed 16 straight scoring drives [if I put that together correctly] without forcing a punt, is not what poll voters look for. While I think we are about 15th-20th myself, just keep winning and it takes care of itself.

Every team we play going forward is 4-0 or 3-1 except 2-2 Clemson and UNC.

More on this. ESPN’s FPI has every team except Duke, Cuse, and FPI with a 50% chance or better at getting 6 wins. Of the rest, only Tech and UVa are under 75%.

Yay! The annual return of "One at a Time" Fan, here to lecture a message board whose sole existence is to speculate and discuss.

I'll weigh Wake's chances to take down Bama in the CFP if I darn well please :)

I'll let the team worry about taking it one game at a time. As for me, I've already booked non-fundable rooms in Dallas and Miami for New Year's Eve.

No, more of an argument of at least playing decent BCS/CFP type teams instead of Norfolk States of the world. This schedule and beating a downtrodden FSU then UVa [who by the way has a D that had allowed 16 straight scoring drives [if I put that together correctly] without forcing a punt, is not what poll voters look for. While I think we are about 15th-20th myself, just keep winning and it takes care of itself.

This is the type of schedule that any middling SEC or BIG whatever school plays and would be somewhere between #10 and #20 at 4-0. In fact, let's look at some of those teams right now...

#10 Florida - 3-1. Wins against FAU, USF, Tenn., loss to Alabama
#12 Ole Miss - 3-0. Wins against Louisville, Austin Peay, and Tulane.
#14 Michigan - 4-0. Wins against Western Michigan, Washington, NIU, Rutgers.
#15 TAMU - 3-1. Wins against Kent State, Colorado, New Mexico, Loss to Arkansas.
#16 Coastal Carolina - 4-0. Wins against The Citadel, Kansas, Buffalo, UMass.
#19 Oklahoma St. - 4-0. Wins against Montana State, Tulsa, Boise St., Kansas State.

Not seeing that significant of a difference in most of those schedules. We have our P5 OOC game later in the schedule. Most of those teams are where they are due to preseason polls, not their stellar schedule to this point. Wake is ranked #24 because very few people pay attention to Wake forest.

We're playing UNC non-conference. Remember? This juggernaut.

Look for UNC with at least 10 wins to be in the ACC title game against Clemson. Their offense won't be missing a beat. Ty Chandler comes in from UT with 2000 yards rushing and will be behind an awesome O-line. He won't miss a beat. Heels will use last year's surprising losses to FSU & UVa as rallying points for this season and learn from them. Mack has recruited "almost" as well as Dabo the past few years so they just reload.

With the Heels playing an Irish team that only returns about 9 starters and no QB [very highly overrated starting out at #7 in my book based on this plus their schedule that features games @ Wiscy, vs a tough Cincy team, USC & Stanford plus @ UVa.] and other only tough Coastal opponent, Miami is at home, I can foresee a possible 11 win regular season for UNC. 17 starters returning including the entire O-line and Heisman hopeful QB Sam Howell. Their preseason hype is not overdone!

I'll let the team worry about taking it one game at a time. As for me, I've already booked non-fundable rooms in Dallas and Miami for New Year's Eve.

Don’t forget to book an extra night to see the basketball Deacs play at Miami on New Year’s Day.

Then why isn't Arkansas number 1 in all polls. They have the best record against strength of schedule.

IF Wake had played two FCS opponents instead of ODU and NSU, we still wouldn't be ranked any higher than we are.

The AP and Coaches Polls shouldn't come out until after the 3rd or 4th week of the season. There is no way that a 2 loss Clemson team should be ranked #25. The only reason that they are is that they started the season so highly ranked. Teams should be ranked by what they do on the field, not how they look on paper or how they did last season.

FAQKeiyUYAEZSEK

Texas-Oklahoma set for an 11:00 AM CDT kickoff in two weeks. Texas offense can put up points but their defense sucks. This game should be a track meet and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Texas win. Texas beat a ranked team to open the season, lost to Arkansas, and clobbered the other two teams they played. They should probably still be ranked. Game against TCU (which just lost to SMU) this weekend should be a decent barometer.

Back