• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Isn't it true that UNC's ONLY top 10 was this year and pre-season? If so, that's pretty hilarious and pathetic.

I really hope that's true. If so, I'm making fun of anyone who approaches me about our ranking.

Isn't it true that UNC's ONLY top 10 was this year and pre-season? If so, that's pretty hilarious and pathetic.

How long has the AP poll been around? Seems like an early 80's UNC team may have been top 10 at some point.

Yeah, who the hell does VT think they're going to hire that's been a head coach at a school as big or bigger than VT that isn't a total retread who got fired, that's going to satisfy the requirement of bringing in a bunch of four-stars and five-stars ?

There are only so many Alabama head coordinators to go around, and not all of those guys have been successful.

Official 2021 College Football Thread: First CFP Rankings Tuesday at 7:00 PM !!!!!!!!

How long has the AP poll been around? Seems like an early 80's UNC team may have been top 10 at some point.

A very long time. Vandy’s last top 10 was in 1947.

UNC was ranked in the top 10 last year.

Last edited:

no - Mack Brown sucks but they were top 10 last year and during his previous time at UNC

pretty sure Dick Crum had them top 10 with LT

UNC has been ranked in the top 10 as follows:

- This year opened at #10
- Last year, hit a high of #5
- At some point during the following seasons: 2015, 1997, 1996, 1983, 1982, 1981, 1980, 1958, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1946, 1939. The last time UNC finished a year in the top 10 was 1997 (Mack's last year before heading off to Texas). UNC finished the year 11-1, but FSU went undefeated in the ACC and was ACC Champ.

NC State has never finished a season in the top 10. The Pack achieved a top 10 ranking at some point dying the following seasons:

- 2002 (#10), 1974 (#8), 1967 (#3)

Duke was a football power in the 1930s through the 1950s until 1962. During that time, Duke received a top 10 ranking in 14 different seasons. Since 1962, Duke football has never been ranked higher than 16 and has been ranked at all in only 6 of the last 58 seasons.

Yeah, who the hell does VT think they're going to hire that's been a head coach at a school as big or bigger than VT that isn't a total retread who got fired, that's going to satisfy the requirement of bringing in a bunch of four-stars and five-stars ?

There are only so many Alabama head coordinators to go around, and not all of those guys have been successful.

I’ve heard some of them talking about Hugh Freeze - lololol.

Shit happens when you leave your wife and kids and marry a stripper who was on the Jerry Springer Show and includes a monkey in her act.

Shit happens when you leave your wife and kids and marry a stripper who was on the Jerry Springer Show and includes a monkey in her act.

Yeah, I mean what could wrong with that scenario?

0qj08H9.jpg
:bowrofl:

Last edited:
Is this person a non-native English speaker? My head exploded reading that.

Okay with all due respect I thought this was a Biff exaggeration until I clicked on the thread. Wow — my apologies for jumping to conclusions. Also the stripper is named Pole Assassin. Unreal.

Yeah, this has been a point of emphasis for those who hate Texas ever since Sark hired Banks as special teams coach.

Okay with all due respect I thought this was a Biff exaggeration until I clicked on the thread. Wow — my apologies for jumping to conclusions. Also the stripper is named Pole Assassin. Unreal.

They were talking about it on ESPNU's Sirius station this morning.

Is this person a non-native English speaker? My head exploded reading that.

She might be, but from reading a few Facebook groups I'm in and the Facebook Gold thread, it's pretty clear that writing/very basic grammar are skills that many people don't have.

She might be, but from reading a few Facebook groups I'm in and the Facebook Gold thread, it's pretty clear that writing/very basic grammar are skills that many people don't have.

To be fair, being a Pole Assassin is also a skill that most people don’t have

Back