• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

There's a good article in The Athletic from the Simmons perspective. They wanted to avoid this and thought they'd get a deal done by now.

he tried to get traded before last season though, and the market has only gotten worse for him

i know ben didn't want it to go this way but he's fucked up every step of the way, a lot worse than the team has by not dealing him earlier

i guess the best case would have been trading him before maxing him, but i don't know if any NBA team avoids that land mine with a star

Yeah. Both parties are screwed.

I love how Pilch shows up to post a link summarizing what we talked about yesterday.

Lebron said he and his family are vaccinated.

Last edited:

Evidently, KD convinced Kyrie to quit being a jackass and get vacc'd. It'll be interesting to see if Steph and Klay can convince Wiggins to do the same.

Evidently, KD convinced Kyrie to quit being a jackass and get vacc'd. It'll be interesting to see if Steph and Klay can convince Wiggins to do the same.

Or not?

I’d be shocked if there was a recent sixer with a better plus-minus without Embiid.

I know this thread has been overloaded with Sixers drama/nonsense lately, but I found it interesting that Doc has Maxey running the first team at PG and Shake running the second team at PG. It's not a super natural role for either of them, and a huge departure from recent seasons, obviously, but both can hit jumpers off screens and would be an interesting addition to the offense this coming year.

Now that Simmons isn't with the Sixers, they aren't interesting anymore. So hopefully we can relegate Maxey/Shake talk like we did the Dejunta Murray #analysis.

Clippers are 100% vaccinated.

Nuggets's MPJ contract extension certainly looking dumber today, huh, Ph

Geez. Hadn't seen that yet. Unvaxxed max is certainly a bad move.

NBA players who can't play because they're unvaccinated won't get paid.

Going to get the NBA fantasy league thread up sometime this week. This whole unvaxxed, can't pay thing is going to wreak havoc on fantasy as well.

I guess he said he's had COVID twice?

he doesn't get paid for games he doesn't play tho, so it's a cheaper Max when you think about it #PhArgument

Back