• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

NBA transaction drama is a big draw for the NBA. sabotaging it so that a team tries harder in the last week of the season to lose in a play in game seems shortsighted. it's not that big of a deal where we have to fundamentally change all NBA trades.

So don’t sabotage the offseason by encouraging teams to win games to make the playoffs. Got it.

the NBA invented the play in to discourage tanking, this wouldn't even be discussed if they didn't already do that and the mavs were already out of the playoffs. this was a very specific scenario. you guys want to solve a small problem by fucking up how all transactions are done in the league. talk about bad idea jeans, geez

The goal is to win championships. Do you have a better chance winning a championship as a Play-in team or by getting a top 10 pick ?

The problem is too many people celebrate making the playoffs. Being a 5-10 seed in the postseason every year is to doom your fan base to eternal mediocrity

The goal is to win championships. Do you have a better chance winning a championship as a Play-in team or by getting a top 10 pick ?

The problem is too many people celebrate making the playoffs. Being a 5-10 seed in the postseason every year is to doom your fan base to eternal mediocrity
and that’s annoying

it’s a bit anti-player, but the best system would be a hard cap, no max contract, no draft

throw in a euro soccer-style relegation system with middle-of-the-road teams having something to play for and boom

of course never gonna happen, but tanking sucks and the championship-or-bust system feeds into that

the mavs tried 80 out of 82 games this season, and bailed at the end because they were right on the line of saving that pick and it was clear this team sucks. shameless for sure, but not even a bad tank job comparatively.

the trailblazers don't owe anyone a protected pick and shut down dame/bailed on the season a month ago. the spurs tanked the whole season. the protected the pick is not the problem

agree, but a team intentionally trying to not make the playoffs feels more egregious

I agree for teams that don’t have an arguably top 5 player. Luka should give a team a chance in the playoffs if they just get there.

Decent chance the Mavs screw up that pick anyway.

I agree for teams that don’t have an arguably top 5 player. Luka should give a team a chance in the playoffs if they just get there.

Decent chance the Mavs screw up that pick anyway.

I just don’t see it. Get in as a 10 seed…have to win 2 to GET to a 5 game series against the one seed ?

No way

Unless Luka forced them, the Mavs never should have hired Kidd. He sucks. Roster isn’t his fault but he is not a good coach.

Looking at tie breakers..... It looks like NOP/MINN play eachother tomorrow and the winner of that game will get the 8 seed, and the loser the 9 seed.

NOP also has the tiebreaker over LAC, so LAC can't lose to the Suns without risking dropping to the 7 seed, so the Suns can rest guys and assure a matchup with the Clippers if they so choose. Or potentially try and beat the Clippers, drop them to the 7 seed, and risk taking on the warriors rd 1. I'm guessing the Suns rest guys.

Warriors need to win as they don't have the tiebreaker on the Lakers or Pelicans.

I'm guessing the Suns rest guys.

Suns update: Durant, Booker, Paul, Ayton, Biyombo and Payne out Sunday vs. Clippers​

I forgot Paul George is still out. Playing a PG13 less Clippers team is infinitely better than playing the full squad warriors.

I love the NBA, but players sitting out games for load management or to tank or to try and avoid someone in the playoffs is just so...soft.

Meanwhile Mikal Bridges is going to play his 83rd game of the season.

I guarantee that Kevin Durant will miss at least one playoff game.

Don't love tanking, #gospursgo, but I'll say at least their tank included playing all the young guys they kept which ended up meaning a lot of their games were competitive at least. They only traded one potential play off starter in poertle. It wasn't liked they sat a bunch of all stars with sore pinkies and stuff.

At Amy rate playoffs have a really high potential to be pretty great.

I mean if you’re Phoenix you do whatever it takes to not match up with Golden State in the first round.

Back