• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

If I'm Phoenix, then I say give me those Mf'ers right now and we are going F'em up. losing on purpose to avoid someone in the first round is the exact mentality that gets you beat in the first round. You think Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or Bill Russell ever thought maybe it would be best if we lost this game? It's soft.

Don't love tanking, #gospursgo, but I'll say at least their tank included playing all the young guys they kept which ended up meaning a lot of their games were competitive at least. They only traded one potential play off starter in poertle. It wasn't liked they sat a bunch of all stars with sore pinkies and stuff.

At Amy rate playoffs have a really high potential to be pretty great.

They sat their starters with sore pinkies and stuff. A healthy Spurs squad could have won more games although not nearly enough to contend.

The Spurs have identified a lot of young fringe rotation guys who could contribute down the road. If they play it right, they should have a cheap productive end of the bench. Bassey, Mamu, Champagnie, and Barlow should be good rotation players in a year or two. They’ve got a few quality rotation players already. They just need two stars. One should come from this draft.

They should re-sign Tre Jones immediately. He’s either a solid starter or great backup to Scoot or Amen.

If they get Wemby, they should shift to win now mode. No point tanking with him.

Last edited:
a lot of these discussions about load and roster management act like individual players are making these desicions when comparing them to older players. these are organizational decisions.

medical staffs, front offices, even ownership are the ones saying "we need to avoid playing this guy in a 3rd game in 4 days" or "we need to sit the starters for lottery or playoff positioning." chris paul most assuredly isn't telling the team we need to sit to avoid the warriors.

These discussions are about organizations.

well aside from the post above that mentions michael jordan and larry bird like that has anything to do with it, if you dont constantly see nba media/personalities and old players calling new players soft for load management you dont consume any nba media

They sat their starters with sore pinkies and stuff. A healthy Spurs squad could have won more games although not nearly enough to contend.

The Spurs have identified a lot of young fringe rotation guys who could contribute down the road. If they play it right, they should have a cheap productive end of the bench. Bassey, Mamu, Champagnie, and Barlow should be good rotation players in a year or two. They’ve got a few quality rotation players already. They just need two stars. One should come from this draft.

They should re-sign Tre Jones immediately. He’s either a solid starter or great backup to Scoot or Amen.

If they get Wemby, they should shift to win now mode. No point tanking with him.
That's a fair take. I was more meaning they rolled with all their young, unproven guys in order to see what they had and got rid of "win now" guys. Then they let the young guys go out and compete to see what they had. See that a little different than sitting current core guys in order to move up in the draft <cough> Robinson <cough>

Imagine Jerry Krause and Jerry Reinsdorf telling Michael Jordan "hey mike, this is our 3rd game in 4 days, we are going sit you tonight". Jordan would snatch the muffin out of Krause's hand and stuff it down his throat, Crumbs included.

That's a fair take. I was more meaning they rolled with all their young, unproven guys in order to see what they had and got rid of "win now" guys. Then they let the young guys go out and compete to see what they had. See that a little different than sitting current core guys in order to move up in the draft Robinson

Sure. They don’t have a Robinson. But they strategically sat the players they have. Tre Jones leads the team in games with 67.

i think larry legend could have benefitted from some load management. bird played without any load management for the first 9 seasons of his career, and then a debilitating back problem and bone spurs in both heels caught up to him at 32 and missed 146 out of 332 games his final 4 seasons and never was the same.

Finally, we have the answer to the question that's been plaguing sports fans every week. "What should I watch on Tuesday night?"

How many teams will tank and fire their coach?

I’ll do the rest later but the Pistons and Rockets fired Dwayne Casey and Stephen Silas. Wouldn’t be shocked if Clifford joins them.

And they won the game so they’ll play the Lakers in the play-in.

Back