• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

I was off the Brandon Miller hype train after watching him for the first time in the NCAAT

Grant Williams on a 4/54 sign-and-trade to the Mavs.

The Mavs get a good physical wing defender but that 2030 pick swap is a bit risky for them. I'm not confident Luka will be with the Mavs in 6 years.
The Spurs get a vet wing shooter with one year left on his contract.
The Celtics get something for nothing.

Works for everyone.

Mo Bamba on a minimum to Sixers probably spells the end of Bball Paul here. That really bums me out. Someone willing to take him on and work with him (I hoped that was Nurse) will get a great talent.

Mo Bamba on a minimum to Sixers probably spells the end of Bball Paul here. That really bums me out. Someone willing to take him on and work with him (I hoped that was Nurse) will get a great talent.
Some hope from Woj. Reed deserves a shot a being a legit rotation guy.

Brandon Miller sucks more. Exactly like I predicted, he pussies around the perimeter waiting for open threes. What is the point of being 6'9" if you play like you are 6'1"? He had more fouls than points tonight while random white guys from Golden State were lighting him up. This guy is a fucking bum. I'm ready to proclaim him a bust.

Not everyone who performs well in summer league turns out to be great in the NBA. But I don't know of anyone who sucked ass in summer league who turned out to be great in the NBA.

Vegas will host the Final Four of the new in-season tournament. More details coming on Saturday.

I discussed the in-season tournament with a friend yesterday. Here are some ideas that could make it really interesting once the league expands to 32 teams (Seattle and Vegas in the West, Memphis or New Orleans moves to the East):

Switch to four 8-team divisions or eight 4-team divisions (yes, this could be tricky) or create 8-team pods within each conference. The winners of each pod/division make the Final Four. All games except the Final Four and Championship count as regular season games.

Hold the division games at two neutral sites in the geographic footprint of the division with hockey arenas or large college basketball areas like Tampa, Raleigh, and Nashville. Two sets of games on Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday and Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Winners advance. Losers play each other. The league can reserve a one-week period to flex the four division matchups that don't happen.

The incentive would be that the champion gets the 6 seed in the playoffs at minimum.

Brandon Miller sucks more. Exactly like I predicted, he pussies around the perimeter waiting for open threes. What is the point of being 6'9" if you play like you are 6'1"? He had more fouls than points tonight while random white guys from Golden State were lighting him up. This guy is a fucking bum. I'm ready to proclaim him a bust.

Not everyone who performs well in summer league turns out to be great in the NBA. But I don't know of anyone who sucked ass in summer league who turned out to be great in the NBA.
He only had 2 fg attempts going into the 4th quarter. The league made it easy for the Hornets. They even scheduled a Wemby vs. Scoot game and both of them showed out. Miller even did some SEC near criminal shit. But the Hornets did what the Hornets do. Maybe one day we'll find out that MJ hates NC and he bought the Hornets as revenge for not making his varsity basketball team.

if i remember correctly, sebastien telfair looked as good as chris paul in summer league

Thybulle to the Mavs for $3/33. I guess if ya just need a defender out there with Luka and Kyrie ya jump on the Matisse train

Thybulle looked pretty good for Blazers when I saw him. He added a 3 to his D out nowhere.

I guess Giannis had a minor cleanup knee operation which according to this guy on Twitter is usually a prelude to more problems down the line

I literally lost sleep last night over a second tier summer league game. How the fuck are you the #2 pick in the draft, allegedly an ELIte scorer, playing against scrubs, most of whom will not be in the NBA, and have taken 2 shots going into the 4th quarter? 2 shots?!?! Most of the time while standing in the corner? And yes Golden State was doubling him off the ball at times for some unknown reason, but wtf dude. Drive to the basket. Get fouled. Post up. Do something! What a vagina. I've said before that I think he is Marvin Williams 2.0, but even Marv would have worked down low in that situation. Fuck you, MJ!!!

2&2 is right: you can't tell if someone is good from summer league but you can tell if they are not great

i was similarly dismissive of cade cunningham after one NCAAT game and he's yet to prove me wrong, but i can't say that i've actually watched a pistons game in like five years so TBD I guess

Some of this Dame stuff is so lame. Woj is reporting that Dame's agent has been calling prospective teams that aren't Miami that trading for Dame would be trading for an unhappy player. Maybe you shouldn't have signed such a long-term deal with the Blazers if you wanted more control over the situation, Dame.

Apparently the go-to move now is to get the bag first, ask for a trade, and then threaten to be super unhappy or not play at all if the team traded to isn't the one said player wants. Is there anything in the new CBA to protect against this sort of stuff (besides the 65-game minimum for MVP/All-NBA/etc. consideration, which is tied to max contracts)?

So lame.

Some of this Dame stuff is so lame. Woj is reporting that Dame's agent has been calling prospective teams that aren't Miami that trading for Dame would be trading for an unhappy player. Maybe you shouldn't have signed such a long-term deal with the Blazers if you wanted more control over the situation, Dame.

Apparently the go-to move now is to get the bag first, ask for a trade, and then threaten to be super unhappy or not play at all if the team traded to isn't the one said player wants. Is there anything in the new CBA to protect against this sort of stuff (besides the 65-game minimum for MVP/All-NBA/etc. consideration, which is tied to max contracts)?

So lame.
And if I'm Portland, Miami doesn't have the kind of assets I'm interested in. If Dame is going to get to Miami, then at least 3 teams will have to be involved.

And yeah, Miller has not been impressive. Go figure.

Back