• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

Yo Juice, you on the Brandon Miller hype train? He started with 0 pts on 0-2 shooting in 20 min tonight. He picked up 6 garbage time points in another blowout.
Picking up right where he left off in the NCAAT.

Thybulle looked pretty good for Blazers when I saw him. He added a 3 to his D out nowhere.
So long as it’s exclusively catch and shoot or alley oop, he’s okayish but don’t make him dribble at all, he will turn the ball over

And to that end 3/$33 is more than I would want to pay Matisse, as much as I like him and his golden smile

Yeah, the thing that strikes me about Miller is that he's not that athletic or explosive around the rim. So, to be #2 pick worthy, he better be a really good shooter and defensive player. Eh, I'm not sure. I like Scoot more.

my buddy is a blazers fan and mentioned some fake trade idea where Jaylen Brown goes to Houston and Dame goes to Boston and the Blazers (and Celtics) #assets go to PDX that in theory makes sense for all three teams

though I don't really know what Houston is trying to do these days

That's somewhat reasonable and possible. Both teams could throw in players Portland would actually want as well.

Interesting concept. A 30 player 3-on-3 and 1-on-1 league in Miami during the WNBA offseason. The pitch in the article seems to be geared toward league moms who don't want to go overseas. But overall, the WNBA needs to bolster the league if they're going to restrict player opportunities overseas in the offseason. Expansion is way overdue to bring money into the league and expand the talent pool.

Dejounte signed a 4/120 extension with the Hawks.

The young guys for the Blazers and Rockets all looked good.

Don't be surprised if big trade news drops tonight. Three teams, two stars. Blazers may not be rebuilding this season.

I literally lost sleep last night over a second tier summer league game. How the fuck are you the #2 pick in the draft, allegedly an ELIte scorer, playing against scrubs, most of whom will not be in the NBA, and have taken 2 shots going into the 4th quarter? 2 shots?!?! Most of the time while standing in the corner? And yes Golden State was doubling him off the ball at times for some unknown reason, but wtf dude. Drive to the basket. Get fouled. Post up. Do something! What a vagina. I've said before that I think he is Marvin Williams 2.0, but even Marv would have worked down low in that situation. Fuck you, MJ!!!
Is/was MJ the worst drafter ever? He hit on Kemba and LaMelo. And everyone else is trash. Actually drafting Haliburton and trading him was terrible, as was drafting and trading SGA. I would be surprised if there is a worse franchise at drafting during MJ's reign.

The Cavs between Lebron and Collin Sexton was horrible except Kyrie. That's the first one that comes to mind. They picked Luke Jackson, Shannon Brown, JJ Hickson, and some dude named Christian Eyenga to win with Lebron.

Crazy stat. JJ Hickson played more NBA games than Dion Waiters by a large margin, 534 to 419. I have little memory of Hickson in the league. Hickson had 211 starts. He started 101 games including 28 for the Heat in 2018-19.

LOL at Blazers-Rockets going long. Jabari Smith Jr with a game-winning 3. 33 points for Smith Jr, 29 in the 2nd half. Even did the Dame bye bye.

lol that Portland PG should be instantly cut. could have ran the game out but tried to throw a lob

I don't remember the last time Mark and Doris did a Spurs game. Maybe they did one of the play-in games.

thought wemby would be better tbh. pretty awful game
Both teams seem nervous. Everybody but Wemby in this game played each other four nights ago and they're all playing tighter tonight.

Back